USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Forget Low Scores, trust God, 80/89 Matched in IM - stacey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I read so many posts on this forum that discouraged low scores applicants. Let me tell you guys, never reject yourself because every case is different.
step-80
step-89
passed cs
GC
all first attempt
4-IV's
Matched in excellent IM program.

I did 4 observership with 4 primary care physicians that I never knew, I just walked into their offices and told them i needed 1month observership, I also took some university non-degree postgraduate classes, which I guess helped my CV.

Always try to improve your cv with anything you can.

besides, just be aggressive and practive for your interviews well, I had 0 connections.

Goodluck guys.
Do u mind to tell what kind of postgraduate classes u took?
Thanks and
CONGRATULATIONS
@ Where did you have your 4 interviews? Where did you take your non-degree postgraduate classes? Thnks
Any classes that is healthcare related, is great. I took public health classes.

Been proactive and positive in the whole process helps.
@ What program did u match? And what other programs offered you interview? Thank you..
Congratulations!!! You give me some hope,, btw, what is ur YOG.. Also , if you could just give an idea of where you got the interviews from..Thanks
Was this your first match...?
@yankeesdr,
I took university classes, most American universities I know will admit you as a non-degree student, all you need is your transcript and diploma.

I tell you Having the name of an americaa university at the top of your cv makes you look like an AMG.

Just try to take as many classes as you can.
Thank u
ENJOY
This is my 1st and only eras application and match, my YOG is 2008.
I knew nobody when I came to the states.
Just approach IMG doctors for observership, most people are willing to help you more than you can imagine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4