USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Good question::: Diagnosis? - jdmed84
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
27 y/o african american female patient works in the NASA space industry in the technology subunit. She complains of shortness of breath and cough. Pathological findings include non-caseating granulomas in the lung, hilar lymph nodes. Diagnosis and why?
sarcoidosis
as non caseating granuloma and hilar lymphadenopathy suggest
Pneumoconiosis
berylliosis seen in ppl who work in aerospace, similar to sarcoidosis so makes for a good knee jerk question
sacoidoses

non-caseating granulomas, hilar lymphadenopathy, common in black females...
beryliosis aerospace industry and minors major dd with sarcoidosis but most questions like this have a vignette that willl describe the persons occupation ie nasa or they will talk about normal AA female coming with compaints of dyspnea cough lab have elevated ace and hypercalcemia.

what s up zen how is studying going today????
zen pnuem would be a miner that has a black lung with rheumatoid arthritis remember caplan syndrome. pt would have carbon in macrophages.
Answer is berylliosis.
both sarcodosis and berlliosis cause non caseating, hilar, and inc vit d.

Key words are nasa. High tech.

One of the knee jerk questions
Agree with wolverine berryillosis is under the category of pneumoconiosis Smile
Hey herination imgood studying is going good... I thought pneumoconiosis has many disease under it as a category well if I was wrong about that ... I meant to say berryillosis Smile how r u bro how r things on ur end
Pages: 1 2