USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: PA State License? H1 B delay? - aero1987
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone in the same boat as me? Waiting for the PA State license. I cant file for H1 petition without it. Doe anyone know how long it takes to get the PA State license. Mine was submitted in April according to my TPL

Thanks
It took them exactly 2 months to process my license (mid March - mid May) during which they sent deficiency letters twice...
Good luck!

@user12345 Is there a way we can get in touch with them to see where we stand in the process?
I found this on the PA Board website: IF THE APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED DURING APRIL, MAY, JUNE, JULY OR AUGUST, ALLOW AT LEAST 60 DAYS FOR PROCESSING.

I'm not sure if they will respond to your email or call because it is now between them and the hospital, but maybe you can ask your PC to contact them?
Is it enough that ECFMG verifies our credentials ? Did you have your medical school send the credentials again to the PA Board for verification ?
Yes. Your school must send your transcript and diploma directly to the Board (Harrisburg, PA) in addition to verification by the ECFMG.

I thought that was ridiculous (it's the same thing twice!) and asked my PC about it but she confirmed so I needed to go to my med school and ask them to send the docs one more time. I was told that ECFMG verification would have been enough if the application had been filed for a permanent license (regardless of your school being accredited or not), but not for the temporary one (training license) which is the one we need.

If your school haven't sent the docs, go and ask them first thing on Monday because that's probably what the Board is waiting for. They won't request it, they'll just wait for it!
Thank you for the information. Wouldn't they send a deficiency letter in such a case ?

Anyway... I will request my school to send it out on Monday.
From my experience with them, I think they wouldn't. Deficiency letters are sent only regarding the docs they received- such as CV gaps or prior licensing but not regarding a missing document.
When they get an application, they review it and either approve it, send a def. letter or wait for 6 months for you to realize what is missing. And they're obviously very strict about their rules... I felt it on my own skin.

There's still enough time for the license and H1 petition.
Good luck!