USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: passed step 3 - usmlenz2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi team, I was really worried reading the posts and how the exam is going to pan out, after exam I was sure I was going to fail

passed, 252

did 8 weeks
Only first aid x2 and UW questions and CCS 2-3 times

had done step 1 (249) and 2 (266) earlier in the year which I think it helped.

best of luck to all, don’t be too worried by some posts on this site
Great score.
Did u do NBME or UWSA ?
no I didn’t do any self assessments, to be honest i didn’t know there are there!
how was ur ccs performance and how did u prepare ccs part?
Thank you
CCS was good, easily above borderline territory. I did Uworld cases both the real simulation and the other case which just explain the cases. also read the First aid which has 100 examples. nothing else
usmlenz2013...congrats for a wonderful score 252...
Did first aid step3 helped you a lot ..I mean here everyone uses MTBstep2ck and 3.
Could you please give me your sincere opinion .Thanks
"didnt know there were any self assessments to step 3"

i smell bullshit ! ... when you sign up for uw's q. bank, there's a CLEAR link for the assessment right there on the page.. to say you didn't realize this is total BS !
Great job! Good luck with everything else!
doctam3 I really don’t have to prove anything to you mate!

I am a busy qualified surgeon in Australia, doing fellowship in a reputable US organisation, needed the steps prior to commencement in July.

did not do any self assessments but in retrospect those would have been helpful, at least reducing the anxiety if I knew how i had done in those while waiting for the results.

I think overall FA for step 3 may be a bit thin to cover all but step 2 book is a good augment. i have not seen mastering the boards, but i read here that it is the go to book. reading around the topics (occasional emedicine was useful for some topics)

I only found this forum AFTER the exam, given that I was convinced that I have failed and was planning for my retake ! Although reading the amount of work some people put in made me really worried that i had underprepared, but it worked out at the end, I don’t care much about the marks but its a easy pass
Congratulations! Great score. Like you I'm just hoping to pass!
Pages: 1 2 3