USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: urgent help needed !! - jeenu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there ,
I was about to take exam on 28 feb but i did nbme 13 today got 450(210).I am done with FA many times and UW twice. I dnt knw how to improve my score .Almost ques i got wrong were general principles and molecular biology (silly mouse experiment ques).Kindly plz guide me something ..Plz suggest me how should i improve my score. and what resource to use for gen principles.Also will doing DIT help me improve score.
DIT will move u up alot but right now, u dont have enough time for DIT. i recommend doing all DIT quizzes.
Hi there,
I've already taken my exam and cleared it. I had about 10 mice questions on my exam and some were straight forward and some weren't. I highly recommend going over Kaplan biochem videos on those in genetics section as well as topics such as transcription, translation, and etc YouTube them for animation.
Also search this forum for crelox mechanism explained by Sarim
And I think the rest should suffice.
Best of luck
P.s I scored almost 40 points higher then my nbme scores so believe me ull do just fine as long as u stay positive and calm.... This exam consist of a lot of basic material just know the easy stuff cause that's what I forgot on my exam such as which RNA is the most abundant ... It was a direct one line question on my exam.... And instead of rRNA I picked mRNA so don't make those mistakes ... Best of luck!! Rock it!!
Oh and stick to ur date and take the exam.... Just take 2-3 hours and watch those videos plus in these 3 days u have hammer ur FA stop doing questions (only nbme questions) u can revise and read back of FA the hY points
And get a good night sleep !! And don't have heavy breakfast
BTW i cancelled my exam date ..i hope to write in march now..
ZEN- wow u scored 40 pts more than nbme???.. I am borderline in passing nbme.. and everytime i read FA i score 20-30 points more w jsut FA.. MY exam is also in few days, and i cant afford to postpone.. i know its risky.. but I am reading my FA this last time very carefully and i come to know what mistakes i made previously.. Knowing you scored that many more points really motivates me.. I also don't understand the concept about mice.. is it HY for exam? thanks alot!

jeenu- go for it!! read your fa as much as possible! =)
zen786, how is going? We miss you here in the forum. Good luck with your step2.
@zen786 you are studying for step 2 isn't it ??
@burkitts... All the best... Read FA well k...
Can you suggest something for general principles..how to improve those !!
Pages: 1 2