USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: My unmatched story: Take Step 1 when you are ready - b730509
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone:

I followed this forum for 7 years since I started taking Step1. My first attempt step 1 score is 168, second attempt 181, and finally passed at third attempt of 231. I was so excited about my last score and thought it should be fine for family medicine residency Match. However, I applied for 150+ FM program this year and get ZERO interview. My words for the step 1 test takers are : Pass step 1 at high score at first attempt! If you are not ready for it, reschedule the test, take NBME before the exam and see how well you can pass the test. Hope my story helps!
Please don't lose hope, I personally know so many people who matched subsequent years. Just please keep trying and try to get research experience in good hospitals and universities, hope you are not too disappointed and discouraged, you will get through this!
Try to have contacts with doctors and observership experience. So you still have a chance. Of course having a good score maximizes your chance but it is not a must condition.
you need to make contacts u can match next yr, spend more time making contacts and shadowing them, thank you for your advice for step 1, i postponed my exams multiple times, lost the money too because someone else gave me the same advice in the past as you are right now, you are a good soul, be strong and u will get there next time Smile
Thank you all for the encouraging words. It is indeed a tough journey and I think I just need some time to put myself together before I move on.
You need to realize that if you came this far with all your determination and enthusiasm, your destination is near too. Keep your determination up and you will be where you want to be. Giving up is not even an option for you at this stage.

See Top Search Result For:

IMG PASSED USMLE AND IM RESIDENCY

in www.google.com

Dear Doctor or Student:

Hello. Welcome to the world of confirmed U.S. residency success!

We are currently inviting followers to our blog, the only one that provides you with absolutely verifiable information across all categories relevant to I.M.G. success. Currently we are aggressively out-performing our competitors by providing you, our new hard-working followers, with a heretofore unprecedented spectrum of information related to obtaining a U.S. residency or our UNIQUE DIFFERENTIATOR.

In fact, we will provide you with an experience that is:

• WHAT?

o Answer: Covers all of these areas based upon real-world I.M.G. experiences

 Pre-medical students applying to U.S. medical schools

 Medical students or graduates applying to U.S. residencies

• Focal points include

Ratings of U.S.M.L.E. programs, both online and in-person

U.S. residency program criteria in terms of pre-medical, and medical school- related information as well as U.S.M.L.E.- related criteria, especially the means of obtaining true “U.S. clinical experience”

U.S. residency programs preferences in terms of E.R.A.S applications being well-organized, with high-quality letters of reference, having relevant curriculum vitae points, and creating immaculate personal statements

 Post-M.D. applicants to alternative curricular offerings, leading to viable and rewarding non-clinical professional careers

• WHEN?

o Answer: Has been in place for five years

• WHERE?

o Answer: Is unrivaled, insofar as the blog affords you unlimited access via the convenience and comfort of your very own home or office.

• HOW?

o Answer: This is delivered to you, the student, through a multi-modal-system, integrating the web and real-world information in an organized format

• HOW MANY VIEWS DOES THE BLOG HAVE THUS FAR?

o Answer: The current tally is 47,000+, and counting.

• HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS?

o Answer: This information is accessible to you, by our website:

see above

P.S. SO WHAT IS THAT ‘UNIQUE DIFFERENTIATOR?’

Answer: Simple, and absolute, in that you will have a one-stop shop experience, for all information related to your entrance into a U.S. residency