USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: OLD Graduate needs help - rp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone who matched and also those who didnot, I am aold graduate 98, passed step 1 with 76 2nd attemp, 1st was in 1997, waiting csa results and studing for step 2. My aim is to try for 2007 match. Can anyone give me a guidance what to do to make my chances of getting a match. At this stage I dont care what speciality, Peads, IM, Psych, FM any would do.
Also if someone who has any lists of IMG friendly hosps with J1 visa sponsers please post it here,it will be a great help for people like me.
Hi rp,
1. you are not an old grad; you are still fresh compared to a lot of us graduated in the 80's and early 90's;
2. your step 1 in 1997 is probably not even counted as an attmept as it was over 7 years ago (plz check with NBME);
3. find a program to do an obervership or externship and do well during the rotation! if u could impress the faculty and residents, that would definitely count much more than scores;
4. do well on the interview.