USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Step1 result - docprincess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all. I got my step1 result 220. Is it too bad?
No, it's not too bad. I'm sure you tried your best before the test so instead of worrying about the score now, focus on the remaining steps/res applications or interviews etc.

In my opinion, It's not a bad score. But that also depends on which programs you're planning to apply to. But either way, it's no use being sad or depressed. Just do what you can and leave the rest to God Smile He knows what's best for us.
Thank you so much!
I want IM or peds.

You are right, better to focus on next steps. But it just keeps coming across my mind,I wish I could change my score! I know stupid thought. But that's all I am left with.

Still,Trying to focus on step2.
What were your previous nbme score..were u well prepared for that score or you expected more based on your nbme?
Any worrying is not hoing to change your score...lets hope for the best..all the best for your rest of the steps!!
I know the feeling, it happens to everyone. No one is perfect. Stress, emotions, frustration often get in the way of studying for all students. Exercise and meditation works very well to get a positive perspective and stay calm and focused.

I have a friend who was depressed for 2 weeks after the result because she got 246 and wanted to get above 250 :p But now she is over it and focusing on step 2 lol

I think you should also keep Family Med in your options as it is one of the most IMG friendly fields
My preparation was pretty good.
I just took one nbme and got 540.

I know can't change anything now!
Thnaks for your kind help and wishes!
@dragon-slayer

Yes I was thinking the same for Family medicine.
Do you have any opinion for pathology?
congratulations on passing..do u mind telling which nbme was it that you took..coz i see a big difference in ur nbme score n exam score..540 she be around 235 or so..im scared as my exam is approaching soon..thanks
I would be fine with that score.Congrats!
How was the questions compared to uworld
Pages: 1 2