USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: got my result - success15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys..got my step 1 score today ..it is 223.....what do u guys say?how is this score....i m aiming for internal medicine so far..will appreciate ur comments.
What was your study plan and your latest nbme?
If you do gr8 in ck ,then you will match dont worry
since long time i was thinking to put my step 1 preparation schedule over here but was very scared...so was waiting for results...so i finally got'em today...feeling relaxed that is itSmile
here is the way i prepared for it:
total duration - 8 months almost with no interruptions in between (except sunday's) and i was able to study for maximum of 7-8 hours per day and in initial months it was jus 5- 6 hours.
i started with kaplan classroom anywhere course . I found it really useful in the sense that it helped me to wind up all my subjects together and quickly in 3 months. in initial 3 months i jus did kaplan course and use to review what was taught in the class from kaplan books and nothing else.According to me u need to make proper concepts and kaplan books helps u to make'em.
I also gave kaplan self assessment exam twice.After that i started with kaplan q bank and finished it in one month and after finishing kaplan q bank ,i did uworld twice that too in one month...made notes out of it....Then i picked up first aid and read it twice and during this time i thought to start with the study partner and and i studied with two study partners on skype and really thankful to them,it was really really helpful ...also did nbme's 13 15 16 online and rest all nbme's offline .
i was not scoring gud in nbme's but then also i jus thought not to postpone my exam becoz i m planning to apply this year itself and also i was at my peak of preparation so i jus got done with it.
nbme 13 score - 207
nbme 15 score -207( i actually gave this nbme jus after nbme 13,that was the mistake thats why my score didnt improve probably)
nbme 16 score 217...
and in last few days i went through u word notes and first aid topics and that is it.
obviously u feel so scared and anxious before exam , i had proper sleep before my exam day and to be honest i didnt feel tired after the exam but i was not able to comment about how was the exam but was jus saying "i don't know"
exam was doable,it had many easy questions and many weird questions as well(general concepts)...even though i got questions for which i had very clear concepts but then also i was not able to attempt them well and those questions used to come in my thoughts again and again after the exam and coz of them i was so depressed ,so finally after 2-3 days i started to prepare for next step jus to divert my attention from the previous step.
and also m thankful to this forum,as i used to read the posts and got many positive views and also study material.
and last but not the least..i think that its not like that u wait for long time till u get good score on nbme's and then u shud give the exam..no...give ur exam at the peak of ur preparation becoz if u prolong it for long time u can even lose grip of what u already studied.that is what i think..many people will have different opinion as well..i m jus sayin that jus dont take very long time for the preparation..prepare at a stretch and get done with it.
i got 223..but for now m relaxed thats it.
hoping to do well on other steps.

I hope my post helpedSmile
all the very best..we all can do it for sure.

Wow congrats!! 207 to 223 is a great jump especially since you did it during the exam!
good luck with step 2 studying. Smile
Congrats
congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience. keep going Smile
Congrats!
thank u guysSmile
congrats dear. thats really awsome .. can u pls tell how did u prepared last month.. like how many hours u divide n u seem to do u world two times in one month?? how did u did solo fast?it take s me ages to do 1 time even.. for path u did pathoma ?? did u do goljan?? n what was the time gap between your nbme.. sry for asking so many ques.... thanks in advance n all the best..

Pages: 1 2