USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: exam experience! - sanaa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys...so i finished my exam today!!!!....well first off i want to thank all the active people in this forum cuz the discussions and the sample questions really help...even though i was a "silent" member...ok well about the exam....there are some questions that are really simple and u wonder if they are trying to trick u...and then some questions are reallyyyyyy long...but if u just take the time to read it carefully u can usually pick and answer from the choices....and then there are some questions that are really confusing hopefully thise are the experiment qustions...as for time management i had about 5 to 7 minutes at the end of every block...so i had enough time to review marked questions...hmm what else...most of my exam was from medicine and peds obviously...if u have any questions feel free to ask and i will try to answer them to the best of my ability...oh yea and i think kaplan is enough...everything is in kaplan notes....good luckkkkkkk
and is it normal to have no idea how u have performed after the exam is done...i have no idea if i did good or bad...but i do remember the last 2 blocks were really hard
so puppy after ur exam..step 2....how did u feel??.
sana can u plzz tell us how many months does it take to prepare for step 2(and to score above 90)....lets say,studying 6 hours a day
hey doc_doc....well i dont know what it takes to get above a 90 cuz i havent goten my score as of yet.....but i have taken 5 months to study for step 2...as for the amount of hours i thik it varies from person to person....but do try to put in the most hours u can it will only benefit u in the end...hope this helped
saana

nice good luck

pray for us also

thanks
hi to sanaa and all the experienced guys here,
i am an IMG done with only CS.....i need 1 month more for my step 1...that leaves me with 3 months for step 2 preparation...is it possible for me to finish off step 2 in 3 months??...do u know of any one who did so?..and i might get observership from next month....so all in all...3 months study plus obesrvership...is it an acheivable goal???plzzz some inputs!!!!!
Thank u sanaa for sharing your experience. Goodluck to your score.How do u think about Psychiatry, Ethics & biostast tested in your exam, any specific weird questions. Did u watch the kaplan surgery video, do u think it's worth a try . Thanks.
sanaa..

did u do any online Q bank? if yes, which one wud you suggest...
thanks in advance..
hi april....well most of the questions were from medicine and peds....psych and epi werent that bad....everything is from the kaplan notes..at least thats what i think....and ya the surgery videos are very thourough....everything that he says is imp...and i think that is sufficient for the test..hope that helped
Pages: 1 2