USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: nbme 6 questions,plz explain - success15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1.one biostat question,study to compare effectiveness of lorazepam and midazolam,block 4 q14,options were
a)confounding variables
b.lack of control group
c.sample size
d.statistical power
e.univariate scale

2).block 4 q34 47 yr old women came for FU,and 15 yr h/o DM,unsuccessful attempts to weightloss,on 100 u of insulin,options werea)liquid protein diet
b)measurement of blood glucose concentrations every 4 hours
c)implanted insulin pump
d) insulin infusion pump
e)gastric bypass
f)pancreatic trasplant

3)block3q3,20 yr alcholic with low leucocyte count,,MCV 102 in blood count,fever 102,BP normal,on carbamazepine therapy for tonic clonic seizures,jaundice splenomegaly +,cause of dec leucocytes?(leucocyte count 1200),options
a)carbamazepine therapy
b)folic acid def
c)hypersplenism
d)sepsis
e)BM suppression by alcohol

4)block 3 q2,obs question,38 yr old woman G2P1 at 38 weeks,not able to feel fetal movements for 36 hours,fetal heart sounds heard with doppler,prenatal course,fetal growth normal,what next?options
a)repeat exam in 1 week
b)maternal hydration
c)NST
d)induction of labour
e)amniocentesis

5)block 2 q 44 maculopapular itchy rash on trunk,on TMP-SMX for past year for recurrent uti's,eosinophils 15% .urine rbc 2/hpf,proteins 2/hpf,options
a)eczema
b)medication adverse effect
c)staph skin inf
d)strep skininf
e)uti

will really appreciate ur replies
hi i took the nbme 6 online but i cant see my wrong q on feed back .any idea why?
medplus- probly you got the $50 one- without the feedback.

1. I'm confused betn B and A
2. Gastric bypass- they're asking long term benefit.
3. B? Since alcohol and FA go together. Was there pancytopenia? If yes, can be BM tox by alcohol.
4. C- No fetal movement-> NST
5. I think A- since Eosinophil 15%, can't be d/t TMP SMX- she had been on it for a year now.
thanks i just realized that
@smashmle,thanks first of all
in q2 platelets normal,hematocrit 39%,leukocytes 1200,FA def is incorrect,i chose that

and q5,i chose eczema and it is wrong answer
Can anyone send me NBME form 6? here's my email address.
growthhormone2015
1 is AA- most of the pt that took lorazepam were given another medication- if i remember correct the full qs.
2 is AA
for 3 i dont rememeber if i choosed A or E. But if pt was given carbamapzepin recently i think i choosed aa it was correct
4 cc
5 is bb

It took form 6 yesterday. Got this qs right. Ill post my wrong ones tonight. Please do reply to that Smile
Pls kindly need help I m struggling to find nbme 15 answer with explaination for step 1 pls help send it to me in nepalipreeti28@gmail searched in forum but all qs are not there
Thank u
@aimhighbuthowhigh thanks ..
but m still confused b/w q 2 and q3,can u explain how
@success

for 2---->I think is e, If I recall right her IMC was 38

3------> a. Leukopenia is side effect of carbamazepine
Pages: 1 2