USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
low scores and no iv yet - faith2010 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: low scores and no iv yet - faith2010 (/showthread.php?tid=454927)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-21-2009

congrats faith2010 and timon6

56 rejections...49 FM and 7 Psych
there is no meaning to apply more...only lost of money,time waste.
see how bad is? what is the solution for this guys? what is alternate?

Hey freesolanki
i am in the same boat.Lot of attempts ,only rejection ,no iv.I am losing hope and i am really looking for any alternative.I will appreciat any advice

alternative to what we all wish to do, well really dont know seriously.......but this being my first match and we all have toiled so hard to get here, probably we should wait a little and not give up easy. i know we are low scorers but we have to cling on somehow. See getting iv's is a big thing because only then we can present ourselves but the way things are this year , nothing is sure at all. just having 1-2 ivs may get u a match while 10ivs maynot match. i know its not something new i am saying but at this time when we all are so uncertain and stressed guess we just have to put our luck to test. thats all we can do now i think. i can barely sleep or study but i know i have to slog it out and see what awaits me.lets be there for each other now and after the match and probably then we can decide what else can be done.............what do u say.
may it be a great day for all.

i am register to take my step3 but i can't concentrate.i am feeling hopeless everyday.I am trying to get my mind out of residency but how????

theres no way you can do that ridiculous, thats why i am saying lets constantly motivate each other to just move forward. i have my exam in dec and i havent even started studying but i know i need to. trying my best lets do it.
tell me how u plan to study and lets keep each other in the loop.....

theres no way you can do that ridiculous, thats why i am saying lets constantly motivate each other to just move forward. i have my exam in dec and i havent even started studying but i know i need to. trying my best lets do it.