USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry 2008 - psych2008 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry 2008 - psych2008 (/showthread.php?tid=218046)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-22-2007

tea,
this doesn't sound like a good way to select programs unless you hate psych.

Hey luckydonkey:
You are right. But I really don't know much about psy programs, they look all the same to me. I am thinking that if I am lucky to get one interview then I will apply more because I am not sure if I am even qualify for psy due to lack of clinical experience and strong LOR. But I did not expect that psy programs are so slow. in fact, the last ten years, psy gets very hot and very attractive. I wish I had a good mentor in psy.My appreciation and great interest in psy are not good enough for the programs to choose me. Best wishes to you and captain.

dont loose hope tea

Hey lamiya:
Thank you so much lamiya, that is very sweet of you. Best wishes to you.

hey guys i want to apply for psych now..is it too late?
also can i apply without psych LOR..don't have one..have 3 us lors for IM and 1 lor from home country for FM..
plz repy

psyguru:
you went for 44 interviews, you might be eating and sleeping in the airports during that application season. general speaking $ 500-1000/interview. $44x500=???? i feel that I am so poor. Hey, can you tell me what kind of interview questions that psy programs like to ask? Thank you.

Champ:
It is not late.

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-23-2007

Hi psyguru,

Thanks for all the sincere help and advice you keep providing. I am still waiting for an interview, but your posts are very inspiring and keep my hopes up. Do you have an email add where I can reach you. I went to your blog but could not find any place to leave a message for you.

HI PSYGURU/sga430,
god bles u for selfless service u r rendering to budding psychiatrist IMGs.
im also old IMG drom India intetrested in psych res.
can u pls share ur email ID .my email is

neverstop4life

thanks.

Caramba

Here we go again with psyguru (alias psychguru, alias sga430, alias namao, alias nunimakkkka, alias who knows how many others) posting his propaganda to boost his revenue by increasing the number of visitors to his site.

For those of you new to forum, this money hungry pig has had several ventures to suck money out of the pockets of IMG's, including charging fees for telephone consults, and many other nefarious things (I won't give him free adverts).

His attempts to cheat forum users were so outrageous that he was banned from this forum as sga430, psychguru and a few other names. Now here he is again as psyguru!

Believe you me, this charlatan is not trying to help anyone out of the goodness of his heart.
He is a cold hearted, money hungry, liar, cheat and plagiarist.
Most of the interview descriptions on his site are copied from SDN and prep 4 usmle, some of them word for word!
This lying fraud never went on any interviews, he copied interview descriptions from other forums and became an expert, all the while bragging about how wealthy a family he is from, and at the same time trying to scam $20 out of IMG's for a telephone consult.
At the time the uproar here in the forum so vocal, that I think mr sga430 was surprised and he agreed that he was wrong and promised never to do it again. Then he started his blog and was banned from this forum, prep 4 usmle and SDN.

I just don't understand why admin can't stop him permanently!

sir that is not the case.im NOT psyguru.Just found his posting in psych res thread today.im still struggling with steps.
unbelievable comments by boicrazy.
i do not understand ur madness at me.im not psyguru or doing any propaganda.u can see my recent posts in ck forum.
i think u shud b banned as u did not gave a single thought that i may NOT b the person u r imagining.
will not waste more time on u.
thx