USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon (/showthread.php?tid=227701)

9811734044 - ArchivalUser - 09-14-2008

you are right CS very soon............OHSU is a no no for IMGs just the pressure was on and so went those 25 bucks....the guy writing the false emails should be denied antibiotics for gonorrhoea.........but my position for next year is that i will have only nine months of PGY 1 and not one year as you were thinking, there is only a very slight chance that the one year thing may work, but i am sposingtht it will not......
the heat is on.......my step three goes down the drain....will havt to leave for hoem this week to get the letter of need and the medical school documens that are needed for the stateof illinois licensure......have to begin as soosn as possible....

9811734044 - ArchivalUser - 09-14-2008

hey right doc where in india did you do your MS from and when?Pardon my curiosity.....

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-14-2008

I am planning to apply in few surgery programs who can accept without home country experince nd I have score as 96/85/csa passed/81 1 us lor

please any one can guide me what more programs can i choose,,,
I have got few programs on my list like...
baylor, tufts, st vincent toledo,West virginia university program...

What do u feel about these programs and do you have any suggestions for me ..?
yeah ofcouse i need visa...thanx..
any input will be hihgly appreciated?

thanx again.?

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-14-2008

Hey CS
I agree with you entirely on USCE and US LOR's when I have none!

For me to decline the offer from MGH were due to a good few factors - didn't really wanted to discuss it all on the forum earlier
but your repeated statements made me feel sort of guilty in not accepting the offer
the reasons are:
If i take the offer
1. I will not get my british passport - atleast for now
2. I have to forego my british surgial residency training half way - meaning an absolute no for any further british surgical training (how ever crap it is) + I can never come back to UK if i have problems in USA - but if i go properly at the end of the year I can always come back to Oxford
3. We had our baby the same week when I was expected to travel to Illiois to meet them

It means I agree with u competely - but its just that the losses for me were a lot by accepting the offer - but still I am not sure if its right! May be had i had all the words on this from you before - I would have thought about it still more

and to my friend 9811 -
am not as intelligent as you in doing MS from AIIMS
I did my MS from Kilpauk medical college, Chennai - 2001-2004

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-15-2008

Hi Everyone,
Silence prevails these days..
I got only the preinterview call from MGH that will be on Wednesday and
Penn state sent me a request to complete a supplemental application online! Did any of you guys get the same request from penn state?

9811734044 - ArchivalUser - 09-15-2008

hey right doc first of all its not my intelligence or sthg that got me there let us just say it was sheer dumb luck!
Long story will talk it out some other time , actually i am having doubts now if I was lucky after all,,.....that has put me bak by four years atleast..I woould never want tot do that if given a second chance and for a good number of reasons too....very ill structures training....it is a top notch hospitals for sure they had the da vinci before many top hospitals in the US had it but we are taling about resident raining here and that is an entirely different issue.....so no longer a fresh graduate....that is indeed a huge loss......u do not qualify for a third of those first rung programs anyway which are possible for fresh grads and secondly i personally feel it was a major disappointment and disillusionment......it takes away so much from you and you get so little out of it, if you thin I am biased , please also be informed that previous aiims residents who are my colleagues and seniors and juniors, and there are atlest more than two dozen ppl i know are here as i speak and in the fray all set with very similar and even better creds than mine......alamost everybody had a double 99 and a few also have triple 99 and almost everybody has some kind of US exp and US LORS all have managed these...so thsese ppl , who from more then 80 percent of total passouts are lookin for another surg residency here....they are disillusioned too...
and btw my wife is also from kilpauk passed out last year MBBS that is....
congrats on being a father ......these are nother milestones that you have to achieve in a llifetime....
all the best and good luck....
will be gals if you could correspond on my mail at andreijha pardon my typos once again!
llike i said stay at it ans tihnghs will happen.....a british passport looks more importnt a the moment...

Thank you for applying to ETSU's General Surgery Residency Program. Unfortunately, because of the large applicant pool and strict criteria, we are unable to offer you an interview. We wish you well in your quest for a position.
M. Wells
East Tennessee State University

I didnt mean to make anybody feel regretful. I just gave my opinion. Everybody's case scenario is different. Reading your story I dont think even I would have done anything different.

Guys
I got an interview but for a 2 year trauma fellowship at Hurley Medical Center, MI

Hi Hanytakla
fatastic. congrats. GL with your actual interview. am sure you have great credentials
But, could you kindly tell us more about yourself
if members know about you more already - then forgive me - but please do tell us again about yourself