USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Done with the exam.. my experience - drtwix - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Done with the exam.. my experience - drtwix (/showthread.php?tid=187265)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-17-2007

Congratulations!!!!!!! I appreciate your great courage!!!! You will have a GREAT SCORE!! Take a good rest now!

drtwix, i wish u all the best, u will get a great score, relax now. and thank u very much for sharing your experience.

Good luck drtwix, wish you the best

congrats on geting it doneSmile im happy u felt well after 2nd block .. with so much less sleep and pregnancy.. u did a great job by finishing it all..
i pray that u get ur dream score..inshAllah

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-18-2007

thanks gogeta, django_usmle, oin, saonew and reclusedove..

gogeta, answers to ur questions..
1. i didnot listen to Goljan.. i read BRS for patho
2. i didnt do UW.. i only did kaplan Qbank 2007 which is very good
3. i did only nbme1 but i would say do the downloaded nbme, all of them, if u hv time.. if not, do atleast one, timed.. the nbme pattern is close to the exam, except the real exam has more graphs and more data to be interpreted.. it doesnt matter which nbme.. u will not get exact questions.. but do it to get an idea of the thought process

drtwix, thanks for sharing your experience and good luck, am in the same shoes as you are right now , ie in my 3rd trimester , the big difference is thatam yet to take my exams, mine is in a fe weeks time, i wanted to know how did you manage your last weeks studying wise, as i seem to get so tired these days, and also how did you cope during the exams in terms of hunger, i know i have to put something into my mouth almost every 4hours when am relaxed not to talk of doing the exam.

congratulation
i am sure u must 've done a GREAT job.thanks for ur exam experience.
I wish u the best of luck in step 1 as well as in other steps.

thanx eeman..

pouddoc, in my last few weeks, i saved up my energy by not doing much housework, not going out of the house unnecessarily, and getting enough sleep.. during the exam, i took a break after every block.. to pee and to eat or drink sumthing.. just for 5 mins.. this is very important. dont do 2 blocks continuous.. good luck and take it ASAP.. dont delay it any further

H i drtwix wow u have done with the exam so good to hear your experience ,u r definately going to score well.u did the hard work .good luck .
i have one question did u do first aid how useful was it

hi..i feel u had gr8 courage in going through with the exam at this particular time in ur pregnancy...All the very best 2 u,hope u get ur dream score!! relax &enjoy ur pregnancy now..i have a Q..apart from kaplan,what other books did u read..what about FA?