USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
SOAP Call update here - applebbpie99 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: SOAP Call update here - applebbpie99 (/showthread.php?tid=661750)

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-13-2012

40 minute IV? Wow that's long. Others said their IVs were 15 minutes. What did they ask?

@docsammd: ok dude, if you are really telling the truth then i apologize for misjudging you...
otherwise i stand by what i say...

@surg123: i think so... that might be whats happening...

He knew that i was desperate (off Course).

The questions where what medical school, grad date, interests, research (I have been truly blessed here), what have i been doing since grad especially where i did observerships and my post doctoral work.

It was very important to him to find a local person for the position and luckily its my home town.

ok so I have a friend in a US medical school. Well of course he matched. But he said thats all he knows right now. The actual info about where he matched would be revealed on friday to them.
So my question is...since US med students won't know till friday where they are going..how the students that did not match are gonna play with soap?
I think this whole SOAP is a scam cause what I feel is since the school is going to tell there students where are they going on friday and students who didn't match, the school is contacting the residencies to get them in????

This whole process seems so bull****

docsammd ur creds please...also do u need a visa. coz i heard mostly gc holders n citizens preferred in scramble.

@metooutoo1
the reason they dont find out until friday...from what i read somewhere....is because throughout soap, if a PD find someone that they prefer more than someone that they ranked in match, they can replace them with the scramble/soap applicant and then that newly unmatched person will be relocated to another program based on their ROL. so then the students matched program location technically isnt finalized until friday....how much of this is true, I dont know. But its what I read.

That would be utter absurdity. Think about it. If tat applicant was displaced further down his rol then that would push other applicants out of their spots if the first person was ranked more highly. The entire match algorithm would have to be run again. A basic understanding of how the algorithm works would prevent such utterly asinine comments.

hi
I applied to categorical IM & FM, If I want to apply to prelim IM or surgery, what kind of personal statemeny should I send, I don't have any idea about that coz I didn't prepare anything for applying to neurology !
but it seems that prelim surgery is available in huge number

any help appreciated..

@inxs
the person that wrote it on the other website may have been confused with the regular match....because that is how the match algorithm works....I do know how it works and since I read about that referring to soap somewhere, I assumed they were doing the same thing for soap, especially since the format of soap is similar to that of the regular match with eras and preference lists. my mistake if thats incorrect information...but you dont have to be so rude about it either.

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-14-2012

hello pals, when it's the proper time to apply for the next 10 programs?
is it better to wait till 3pm and apply, by that we can get the updated unfilled list, imagine we applied for the next 10 at noon and they r already filled?...any advice