USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry 2011 - nono - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry 2011 - nono (/showthread.php?tid=530288)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-29-2010

hey kishore

i dun have the best grades:

step 1- 81
step 2- 97
CS- pass
all on first attempt
US citizen

I applied to 70 programs....any good news on ur side...any knowledge on those programs?

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-30-2010

hey guys i got an iv from oklahoma health sciences,Ok city.....does any one have any idea how the program is????plz do share..if posb...good luck

just got it ):

Thank you for your interest in the University of Toledo Psychiatry ResidencyProgram. Your application has been reviewed by the Selection Committee and weare unable to extend to you an interview at this time. We wish you continued success as you pursue the residency of your choice. If you have any questions regarding this email, please do not hesitate tocontact us directly. Most sincerely, Ms. Zoellen H. Murphy, C-TAGMEResidency CoordinatorDepartment of PsychiatryUniversity of Toledo, Toledo, OH419-383-5674

I haven´t received an answer from them, no iv, no rejection...

New York Psychiatry programs!! Action!! Wake up!!hahaha..I want to hear some news..I´m a nyc fan, but until now it seems that my destiny is in another place...=P

Hi every body,

I'm new in this forum...I applied to FM and IM as back up....I didn't like to apply to any specialty for back up but I did it for some family reason....now I think my application doesn't show my pure interest in psych...I did one year IM residency back home and there's a poster presentation in cardiology...I also worked with a child psychiatrist for 1.5 years in my country...In the states I have 10 months USCE but only 2 months in psych because I couldn't find any more...I have 2 psych LOR ( 1 US and 1 non-US ) and one US non-psych letter, I waived the latter, and now I learned that the writer had mentioned one year IM residency in the letter
My 4th LOR which is a very good US-psych is supposed to get uploaded in next 3 weeks, so there is no hope to be helpful

Do you guys think I still have any chance in psych? I'm very depressed...by applying to other specialties I only lost my chances and wasted my money...

MOUNT saini, elmhurst, NY

Do they give PM?

Any idea about programs, please share???

Do they have written exam

1)More house
2)UAB(Birmingham)
Any idea about these 2 programs?
Do they give any prematches? How is the iv?Do they ask any medical Q?

@taregt match

can you help me, please tell me about elmhurst. do they giv prematches??

what type of tests??

Hey Bono and other guys.any iv info for rosalin Franklin uni.how many people take iv and what type of questions they ask?do they give prematches?any info will be appreciated.

Hi!

mle and mdrussia, could you please share your credentials??

Bye!=P