USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Official 2016 Psychiatry Invite/Rejection Thread - diverticulosis - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Official 2016 Psychiatry Invite/Rejection Thread - diverticulosis (/showthread.php?tid=814331)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-12-2015

@rukahs, I am not yet, I scheduled it in Dec

@deancock6 good luck on it! mine is scheduled next week. will give you an update

met a carib grad recently at an interview. she had 20+ interviews in psych lined up...i have 3- one still pending confirmation date. gah. i guess you only need one to match right? sigh.

Thank you, r! Hope to hear good news from you!

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-13-2015

@freudianslip908 I don't understand why they do that. They might have their own reasons but attending 20 interviews to most people are overwhelming. I get that they would like to have a peak at where their given the right, but I think over 12 is just time consuming. They are not just hurting others, but themselves as well. Some people just want one interview while others having 20 and not letting go because of their anxiety seems selfish to me.

@rukahs yeah. I overall dont feel the whole system is fair. Why having 20 interviews for 1 spot. when some others dont even have 1. makes no sense. and I can believe that since november we are not getting even rejections, is kind of a difficult time. but the only thing we can do is wait, study for step 3, pray, and eat ice cream @freudianslip908.

@tcgu @freudianslip...I think there is so much uncertainty about the whole process for IMGs that applicants want to be 100% sure they end up matching.Hence, they end up going for so many interviews.In a way I don't blame them.Only if there is a way programs could increase the number of applicants they interview even if it requires the applicants pay for such interviews to cover logistics and other administrative cost and possibly extending interviews till the last week of the interview season ( most programs are done by Dec).This way at least more applicants that are qualified get a chance, even if it is very slim.

I think they need to change how the match is done overall. They should cap it at 20 interviews per applicant, or increase the number of applicants they see per interview/place. Imagine the same pool of applicants are the ones going on the 20+ interviews..surely that will not work out well for for the programs when it comes time for ranking/match if all programs are ranking the same pool of applicants...there's gonna be a lot of spots in the scramble.

In a sense, yes I can't blame applicants for wanting to go on as many interviews as possible, but after going on two already, I'm exhausted. I'm thinking even if I was offered more than 15 interviews, I would not want to go on them due to sheer exhaustion.

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-15-2015

Guys I Have Elmurst hospital Psych Iv AT the end of this month. PlEASE HELP REGARDING ANY info about it?
Any experience????

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-15-2015

Anyone heard from these programs?
Berkshire, ma
Mississippi
Morehouse, ga