USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
OBGYN applicants gather here - meghaww - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: OBGYN applicants gather here - meghaww (/showthread.php?tid=334637)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-24-2008

How many interviews do you all have now?

anybody got iv frm mt sinai?

rej from mt. sinai too
did anyone here get an IV from them?

hahaha. we posted at almost the same time nhlimg
Smile
seems like they are sending out mass rejections

hi just got a rejection from albert einstein philly, i was hopeful from them,, god

I went for IV to M. Sinai Chicago last year, actually that was my only IV. Believe when I tell you that you are not missing a lot. Not a lot of teaching (actually we were supposed to attend a lecture and they just suspended it without notice), the residents didn't seem very happy and the attendings weren't nice at all. Don't get me wrong, Of course I would have taken the spot if I had matched, but now I look back and I truly believe that there's something better for me out there this time.

rej from mt sinai chicago

and rej johns hopkins..not a big surprise not even sure why i wasted the money on that one

hahaha. You are right nashsc
I actually forgot that I sent in an application to John Hopkins until I got my rejection today. Was surprised to hear from them.
Considering that it is one of the best programs in the country, I appreciate the fact that they took the time to inform us of our application status.
I hope the other community/univ programs will follow their example and let us know whether we're rejected or not considering we spent time and money applying to them.

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-25-2008

As said before, I am still expecting to hear from most of my NY, NJ, PA and MI applicaction, altough I applied everywhere I could afford to...

I also wanted to tell you guys, I checked my emails from myeras from last year, when I applied with only Step 1, and many, many emails I got in the last week of October, November and some even in December and beginning of January, so there's is still a lot that could go on here!!

I also believe some programs do their interviews in groups of people, once the first round is done, I think programs that have not yet rejected you or still have you on hold, can start sending a second round of IV's in mid novemember to fish any desirable candidates they could have missed on the first pass... Good Luck to everybody, Don't forget me in your prayers, I won't forget you guys!!

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-25-2008

How many IVs did you get las year hcm11? Where? What happened? Weren't you able to take the other tests by the time of ranking? Thank you for your feedback. PD: Eres latin@?