USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
OBGYN applicants gather here - meghaww - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: OBGYN applicants gather here - meghaww (/showthread.php?tid=334637)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-25-2008

Thanks for the reassuring words hcm11!
Good luck to us all.

@bttleworks
the info reg crozre chester is already given by drdoctor in this thread.
My friend in Philly said its a very good program and they do offer prematches.
all the best
As said by hcm, I hope there is still time
good luck to u all

i am new to this forum, have got just one interview from hurley medical center flint michigan. applied recently to only 40 programs that give h1 visas, i have good score in early 90s and home country obgyn MS experience but no usce and no uslor. few days back heard from many friends that flint is extremely unsafe place to be in. what do u guys say for this. i think few of you have got interview there, can you tell me which dates you have taken? who knows best about this prog? can you please guide me . any inputs is highly appreciated. also does this prog give pre matches? thanks

matchin2009
when is your IV there?
My IV is on Nov 18
dont know the answer to your questions yet...

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-26-2008

i have my iv there on nov 21. well when we go there we can see the situation ourself. did u also hear the things that i wrote before daravee?

hey guys and girls,
I have applied to programs last thursday.
Am I to late for submitting application?
I have not yet received any emails.
How long they will take to email you for Iv or rejection?
pl.can any one guide me?
I am an IMG with 17 yrs of Ob/Gyn Practice in India, no vis problem.
what r my chances?

spssps, sorry to tell you thi but you are way too late, considering also that you are not ECFMG certified. OBGYN has become very competitive and there are tons of applicants who applied on Sept 2nd, certified (many even with step 3 passed) and with scores better than yours and guess waht, they stil have no IVs. I honestly thinkl you should be preparing for next year's match by improving your credentials as much as possible: USCE, US Lors, Step 3, etc

matchin2009
No haven't heard about the things you mentioned. But then, I havent started digging for info about the program yet. Concentrating on my Step 3 next week right now. Smile

spssps
Im sorry to say this, but I honestly believe you are way too late my dear...
Those of us who applied on Sept 2 still haven't heard from most of the programs.. and they have to wade through all the people who applied between Sept 2 and the date you applied before they read your application. In the meantime, there are a lot of 99,99 recent grads out there w/ tons of USCE (no, not me..)

hello OBGYN appliacants . I am not applying this yr but i would just like to know what you all feel about enormous Malpractise insurance (as i heard every OBGYN gets sued at some point in their life )..long work hours less pay in this field . I love OBGYN yet i get doubts when ppl mention these drawbacks . Please share your thoughts .

sarah, you are right. the malpractice insurance is outrages. what makes it worse is the more lawsuit in your hand, the higher it malpractice cost. many left the field and go into other specialties. thas is the reason I applied to psychiatry and oby, but hoping to get into psychiatry.