USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry 2008 - psych2008 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry 2008 - psych2008 (/showthread.php?tid=218046)

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-19-2008

I play with my rank list every night and watch the # of Quota. On 01/15, I was able to rank this program. There were 2 seats for match. When I checked my rank list on 01/17 ( around 6pm), I saw "withdrew" next to this program on my list. I checked the directory, there is no longer show this program, I remember it was just above creedmoor on directory but it is gone now.
Have you heard anyone be called/emailed for second look by the program? when did that process start?

opps, I meant bronx lebanon psych program.

senhati
most of the time, a program will call you when there is a cancelation( if you could not schedule but was invited for an interview earlier. ). Don't worry you will hear from them soon in that case. Best of luck.

anyone got prematch offer from bronx lebanon?

bazee,
you are right in saying that very few psych residency slots remain after match. scramble works best if you do not need visa and have a mentor in US who can help you by calling programs on your behalf ( thats what AMGs do..) but still there s nothing wrong in trying for scramble.

fellow if you do not see that programs name on the list, one possibility is that they have filled their spots with prematch.. but still the deadline for programs is 31st Jan so you never if the program name reappears with with a revised quota of seats !

Thanks captain.
I suspect when a program withdrew from the directory, it means that program is going to go for prematch completely. Can you do me a huge favor and try to rank bronx lebanon at the bottom of your list?
I was able to rank it on 15, it appeared withdrew next to my rank list on 1/17. I clicked move, so it disappeared. Then I went back to directory and try to fill it to my bottom of the rank list, but I was not able to do so since it disappeared from directory.

well fellow i havent interviewed there so wouldnt be ranking it. Anyway, if you were going to put bronx lebanon at the bottom of your list, then dont bother yourself too much as to where that program vanished!

Captain
Bronx was not at the bottom of my list when I ranked it on 1/15. Since on 1/17 it showed withdrew on my list. So i removed it from my list and others automatically move up. Now I tried to rerank it (tried to add it to my bottom), I was not able to rank it at all that since I could not find it again from the directory.
I started to think I should accept prematch ( I refused two) as things can change so dramatically especially you lost the chance to rank the program even though it was low on my list.

anyone here who was interviewed at Bronx Lebanon and ranked it, please check your rank list and tell me if you see "withdrew" indicates next to the program? I am sure they interviewed many people.