USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry 2008 - psych2008 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry 2008 - psych2008 (/showthread.php?tid=218046)

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-20-2008

THANK YOU ME FOR YOUR RESPONSE..REALLY APPRECIATE IT
ANYONE ELSE WITH MORE INPUT ABOUT SLU, PLEASE
THANK YOU

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-22-2008

Anyone here recived any encouraging words after interviewing at Bronx Leb psych or was invited for second look? let's share some info. Thanks

any knowledge of maine medical center ,portland
iv expereince and other inputs

hey guys,
anyone interviewed at UAB?
help me with some wise words..........

bazee,
you can apply to 30 programs only via eras to the best of my knowledge.. for any more, you to fax and or call ( e-mails are not helpful ).. but still all of this works best if you have someone who can recommend you by calling programs even as you make your attempts. Else it becomes a tough scenario... all the best to you..

I interviewed at st. louis some time back.. the program seemed nice.. No subject questions.. they vll discuss your profile . one of the interviewer discussed some social issues..thats it.. and oh yes, they also showed us a short video after the interviews and had a short discussion over it.. though they said that it was just to give us an idea about the case discussions they have and vll not be used for evaluating us.
Havent heard from them since. No replies to even the thank you letters..( bad sign I guess... Smile lol..

One of the program I interviewed gave me the impression that all interviewers liked to pick on me. I could not wait to my interview day. I still sent thanks notes and there were no replies. It happened on Oct and I hadn't thought about it until I got a prematch offer before new year from this program.

Captain,how did ur Nassau and umdnj inv go?hope u remember me from SLU interview!

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-23-2008

thank you captain...you have been very helpful

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-23-2008

you are most welcome lol..

yes me,
i do remember you.. I m through with my UMDNJ interview. Have nassau tomo..

For those who might need info on UMDNJ,newark program...I was Interviewed by 3 faculty members including Dr. Barbara Fadem. The funny thing was I didnt realize it was Dr. Barbara Fadem, author of psychiatry BRS( board review series) till I happened to see a copy of the book inside her room!! Well she scrutinized the particulars on the application( cv, lors, deans letter..) of all the applicants interviewing that day extensively( almost word by word), which was a bit odd.
The other two interviewers( program director and child psych prog director)were cool. No medical questions...culturally diverse program..