USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-07-2009

Hello everyone good luck and God Bless sa lahat ng mga pinoy for matching, i was in the same predicament last year and i totally know how you guys feel, dasal lang. Unfortunately isa lang ang pinoy na na-interview sa program namin. I'm glad na natuloy ang thread natin dito sa forum na ito, thanks kay tin. let me know kung sino ang na-interview sa houston area ha, and for any question. FEU grad ako 2004, 1st year sa Baylor.

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-07-2009

@docobet03

are you in the IM program? thanks

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-08-2009

docobet03... pumunta ako ng UT houston last december.. FM.. sana matanggap.. hehehe

sure pinkfairy. Check your email.

yes IM ako, yakisoba i know there are 2 filipinas na family med sa UT ngayon, i guess the only prob with houston programs na kahit sobrang dami (14) ng hospital dito sa houston 3 lang ang may residency(baylor, UT, methodist), at since nag-ka problema pa ang galveston lalong humirap kasi dito narin nag-aaply ang ang mga taga galveston., plus considering na may med-school grads pa sila. But i guess houston is pretty nice for pinoys, lahat ng hospital kaya mong lakarin (you dont need a car), the people are very sweet and warm,recession resilient, NO SNOW, at cost of living is pretty cheap compared to other big cities like NYC and chicago. ANd the best of all if you practice here meron silang litigation cap, meaning if the pt succesfuly sues you, they can only claim 250,000 maximum, so that translates to less litigation (lawyers wont be earning that much, less insurance premium). Hindi tulad sa ibang states skies the limit (millions)! A lot of physician especially the surgical/interventional drs are moving into texas and actually have a very long list of drs awaiting for license reciprocity. So sa lahat ng may interview sa houston, i'm sure magkikita tayo rito sa texas medical center.

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-09-2009

bump

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-10-2009

Good Luck everyone! Daanin natin lahat sa dasal. Malapit na ang sentensya natin! LOL!

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-12-2009

This if for everyone. I said a little prayer for all of you waiting. Good luck and may all of you be filled with blessings as much as I did.

Saint Jude Novena
(to be prayed for 9 consecutive days)

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.

Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly -(make your request here) - and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you. Amen

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen
St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.

Pray the Our Father and the Hail Mary

http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/Jude.htm

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-14-2009

2 more daysWink

Hope evrything will be okay w/ usWink

Pray hard and hope for the best!!!

We did everything that we believe will help us to match and hope it will work in our favorWink

GL to everybody!!!

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-15-2009

Bakit ang tahimik?