USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
halloween is gone, IVs are coming. - nutsbolts - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: halloween is gone, IVs are coming. - nutsbolts (/showthread.php?tid=134431)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-25-2007

hypersexual:
if people in their 80s had more more common sense, they would have worked harder to get 99. Because of my common sense, i got a double 99 and already have 7 interviews and can sit back and relax while people like u are going nuts.
by the way ur name speaks a lot about ur common sense.

kuru
I don t know what to say about people like u
I am in the 90 s and I wish other people luck and I wish the same for my self but not you

if u dont know what to say, nobody is asking for ur valuable advise.
i wonder how many people out there think that there is a correlation between usmle scores and common sense. Common sense dictates that u be best prepared so that u give ur best performance, get best results and fulfill ur dreams. that is what i did, so i dont need jerks like u and hypersexual telling me about my common sense.
quoted "bad luck is what happens when lack of preparation meets a challenge, good luck, when preparation meets an oppurtunity"
I was well prepared and i have got 7 oppurtunities so far, so i believe my luck is 7 times better than u already(assuming u havent got an interview, which is likely with ur stupidity)

kuru i hope u realise what they say"pride goeth b4 a fall" 10 i/v does not equate 2 a single job guess u know that.there r pple with much better creds who're not bragging about theirs.learn that humility is an invaluable virtue.

dear Padre, I havent actually seen pride falling etc etc, but i have seen a lot of people with 10 interviews matching, so the mathematician in me tells me a lot about my chances.
thanks for ur sermon though.

GL kuru............i totally undersatnd...........!!!!

kuru will get residency i think.

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-09-2007

with your pride kuru, i dont think u deserve to get into any program and u might not get as well coz having 20 ivs doesnot secure your position in the match and having 1 iv call can still provide a fair amount of chance to match(though less). moreover your pride and taking comments put in a public forum personally proves you are a nerd.

try not to burn in your own flames and try to be friendly, it will help to show a good attitude for your iv.

Amen.

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-09-2007

well actually u can say it "pride"..for me it is confidence...confidence that I have proven myself twice...and will do so whenever i get a chance...and u may think that i dont deserve to get into any program, but ur irrelevant (unless ur a PD) to me..
thanks for ur advise, but i've a fire extinguisher(lots of back up plans), in case i catch fire...

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-10-2007

pls Kuru,relax!
You may have 'proven' yourselftwice and bla bla bla but think abt it,what if before you accept any prematches,assuming you have 8 at your disposal,something terrible like you having a near fatal accident happens,that requires life support and all, of course,residency will bcome the last thing in your life and perhaps, the humble 'jerk' who had only one intv,knows a thing or two abt believing God,gets into the program,what now bcomes of your achievements?I certainly cannot wish my enemy that,let alone you,cos I