USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
is it better interview early or late - bowwowmiow - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: is it better interview early or late - bowwowmiow (/showthread.php?tid=138588)

Pages: 1 2

is it better interview early or late - bowwowmiow - ArchivalUser - 11-14-2006

Hey guys Harlem gave me an interview at nov 15 th but i postponed it to january , and now i came to knw that it offers prematch ,should i have to ask them for an early interview??

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-14-2006

hi bowwow..did u take cs?any more IVs?
I dont have the answer to your question though,I have my IV at some prematch hospitals in jan..so not in a position to advice you..

hi bowwow..did u take cs?any more IVs?
I dont have the answer to your question though,I have my IV at some prematch hospitals in jan..so not in a position to advice you..

i took it aphrodite ......so ,actually i came to know that the hospital gives prematch and H1 only now , i changed it from nov 15 th to jan .....i dont by then all the prematches would have gone or not..........and this is the only interview i have so far........:-( ...but if i pass(i m scared for that too ) CS i will be ECFMG certified and i will have a better position , thats what i thought ,but now people r saying they r not gonna look at ur scores at the interview , i dont know how far it is true ...any suggestions

i took it aphrodite ......so ,actually i came to know that the hospital gives prematch and H1 only now , i changed it from nov 15 th to jan .....i dont by then all the prematches would have gone or not..........and this is the only interview i have so far........:-( ...but if i pass(i m scared for that too ) CS i will be ECFMG certified and i will have a better position , thats what i thought ,but now people r saying they r not gonna look at ur scores at the interview , i dont know how far it is true ...any suggestions

hmm...I have the same apprehensions as you,specially regarding the result of repeat cs!
i really dont know about the IV timing thing though! ask necker!

hmm...I have the same apprehensions as you,specially regarding the result of repeat cs!
i really dont know about the IV timing thing though! ask necker!

I guess whenever you go for it,really try to impress them....though it would matter if they gave out prematches and dont go to the match with any positions!

I guess whenever you go for it,really try to impress them....though it would matter if they gave out prematches and dont go to the match with any positions!

I was told by the chairman of one of the programs I rotated at that it doesn't matter if you iv early or late....they will not favor one or the other based on timing, so all the applicants have the same chance.