USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
miracles do happen - 5attempts - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: miracles do happen - 5attempts (/showthread.php?tid=171750)

Pages: 1 2 3

miracles do happen - 5attempts - ArchivalUser - 03-18-2007

Here is my story. I was waiting a long time to write this and the day has come to do it........
My story is the truth. I graduated 4 yrs ago with a MBBS from India. I thought i was smart enought to tackle the step 1 with no help but only came to realize that i had to take it 5 times to pass. Each attempt i landed with a 181...I almost decided to quit on my 4th attempt so I decided to take my step 2ck and CS and I actually passed on my first attempt but with a low score. So, then i decided to take my step 1 again...While taking all these steps my parents tried to marry me off but no one wanted someone with this many failures behind her name...So, u can imgaine my self esteem at that time......My parents are old and sick and their only last wish was to see me in residency and married..With that in mind I was even more stressed....
So, then i decide to finally take my step 1 and I got in the mid 80s...I couldn't believe it........
Along with studying i did a couple of rotations in the US/research to increase my CV......Now, with passing scores..the next question was...who would take me with this many attempts.....
So, I tried for scramble last yr and no response of course....
Then i decided to try for 2007 match....I called everywhere to find program requirements for Pediatrics....Not one would accept my CV but I still applied...Praying that God would change there mind after reading my personal statement.....
Here is when the miracle all happened....I recieved 7 interviews in Peds and Family Prac with no help but God..
I still thought i had no chance but today I can tell you that I matched at my first choice. Oh plus i found a partner that was able to accept me for me and now I'm engaged....

Miracles do happen...Just have faith and never never quit unless this is not what you want to do...........

God is above all and in his time Jesus WILL fullfill the desires of your heart.........trust me........

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-18-2007

Let me be the first one to wish you on successful residency and on your engagement.

Your true story is truly inspiring to those who need moral support.

Good luck in your life.

Have fun all time. God is always with true believers.

congragulations deep from heart.

well done and good lack for the future.

Congratulation...you are great! Good luck in life!

I am really happy for you ,your story is so touching and it breaks my heart when i see how many hard times ,you have been through.But this is the moment to rejoice and be happy .God Almighty can do miracles ,that's so true and your parents prayer are heard too..so cheer up...........Two thumbs up.

really encouraging! Wish you the best in the future!

this is inspirening story....
best luck to success in your residency

really encouraging story

Congratulationnnnnn

thats really an inspiring story.thanx for sharing with us and encouraging us.
congratulationss for ur residency and engagement.
GL for ur future.

Hi

This is not miracle.
It shows your commitment and dedication in your work.
Congrats!

BTW, could you give me some info
What are the Q bank you practised? Kaplan, UW, NMS
Did you try NBME tests before exam ? what was the avg score in those.

thanks a lot