USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
i need help! - - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: i need help! - (/showthread.php?tid=21754)

Pages: 1 2

i need help! - - ArchivalUser - 10-25-2004

JOSE

HI GUYS! I NEED HELP, I HAVE MY TEST IN 3 WEEKS AND I DON´T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I JUST FINISHED ALL KAPLAN MATERIAL, AND MY QBANK SCORE IS 56%.
I NEED A VERY GOOD SCHEDULE!!! PLEASE HELP ME!

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-25-2004

irfan

mate to be honest its not good enough
should be sround the 70 mark a least
can u delay ur exm?

Henle

Are you Jose from Peru?

JOSÉ

what you know Henle? who r you?

JOSÉ

hi irfan! unfortunatly i can not! please i accept any advise!

irfan

in that case just realx
revise from first aid thats if u want to revise any subjectsand make sure u do as many mcq in the last few days as u can
so u know how these questions r , make sure u dont study on the last day just relax and have lots of rest
u wll do well

XL - XSLAURENTE@YAHOO.COM

IN GENERAL THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE IS THEY DN THAVE PATIENCE AND THEY CANT EVEN BUY TIME. IF YOU KNEW YOUR SITUATION IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU KNEW THAT YOU WILL PAY ANOTHER650 DOLLARS WHY WONT YOU JUST WAIT AND WAIT MORE FEW MONTHS TO RE READ AND RE DO YOUR STRATEGY. PLS BE SELF AWARE THAT THOIS EXAM IS NOT JUST YOU WILL TAKE IT AND PASS , ITS ALSO AIMING HIGH BEC OF THE COMPETITION ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT DRS LIKES TO BE HERE IN USA

XL - XSLAURENTE@YAHOO.COM

HASTE MAKES A LOOOTTTTTTT OFFFFF WAWWAWAWAWASSSSTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEE..........
POST PONE IT

Josh

yes you need time,at least to look into your weak areas onlyand questions,perhaps one month or six weaks,but relax,is not brevity is readiness buddy,so weigh your readines,know doubt you have put in much,but alittle more will make alot boy
good luck,go for it if you really feel so ok

matoka

Jose,
I don't know what to tell you but three weeks do not seem to be enough for you to pass your exam. However, there are always solutions and a chance.
Have you finished all your Kaplan Qbank questions ? Do you still have access at them online ? Have you taken any notes from them ?
The wisest solution for you is to try to control yourself, to calm down
and read all the FA at least once even twice, also review those chapters of the disciplines that seem to be your weak areas. Do not do the same questions ( Qbank ) over and over again, it's not going to help you improve your score. Rather read the explanations at the wrong questions you gave and try to learn from them. If you have notes from kaplan Qbank try to read them one more time. Have you taken any self assessment tests such as NMBE the two forms to see exactly where you are ? Have you taken already the kaplan simulated step 1 exam ?
I'm telling you all this from my sad experience what I did not do three weeks before my exam and what I should have done. The bad news is that I did panic a great deal in my last three weeks before my exam, I got lost and very tired and ended up with a failure. Had I done all I have written to you above, I would have passed my exam and be happy now. But I'm not in this blessed situation, I still struggle with my exam and feel like going crazy.
You reflect upon all I've written to you and make your own choice. It's up to you, but do not forget that there is always a chance, you just have to look for it and not to give up. It's a doable exam.
Good luck on your exam.
matoka