USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon (/showthread.php?tid=227701)

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-04-2007

your words are very encouraging guys and i will try to keep it up. i am having some interviews in the coming week and will check in sparsely. think i should be ok the next week.

has anyone interviewed at providance , MI. Any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated.

for CS :

GOOD LUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Trauma rotation is on my nerves but will try to check on you guys more often.

thanks md03. i am sure trauma rotation is like hell. take care

Dear CS,
Best of lucks in your interview

thanks sporez

hi guys,

hw r u all? i m doing good. last week had two interviews. both went well. one at san antonio was well-organized starting from 6:30 am to 3:45 pm. 4 interviews. 2 case scenarios. hospital tour. nice program but drawback is they sponsor only J1. otherwise very formal interview with no technical questions. one in NY was very brief. only 1 interview and tour. interview was over within 2 hrs. no technical questions.

wht bout u guys? Cs where have u interviewed till now. r u done with bronx-lebanon? kindly guide me bout that program bcoz mine is on 16th Jan. do anyone know anything about harlem program? i m having interview over there on 15th. i guess many of us would meet there bcoz i saw many of us have itv at harlem on that day.

yep, many have interview at harlem. it would be nice meeting everybody.

pranil
iv at bronx was ok. they start with their M & M conference. then you have a test in surgery consisting of 50 questions. this is followed by interviews. everybody meets the chairman and a team of 3 comprising of 2 faculty and 1 chief resident. everybody is kind of cool and i dont think you should be having any problems. all the best

a dry day - no mails

CS
We are not discouraged and do not stop this great thread.If u are not around, it will stop.
I am quite busy now but still come around once a while..I applied to all PS from my old applications..They downloaded it again but do not know if anything will come out from it..Just keep it up and know that we are all with u...I am having my step 3 in 10 days but it looks like I will have to postpone it as I cannot have any leave before middle of January..I am trying but it looks like I will have to postpone..Do not leave or get discouraged CS