USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon (/showthread.php?tid=227701)

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-18-2008

where did u int for categorical ??

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-19-2008

brooklyn hospital center
i donot know man, but i am not convinced
i have to wait till thursday

okie.......good luck anyway Smile

sorrry guys i was sleeping due to jetlag(probably)

Megageigie and lifey,

you both have mathced into cat. no doubt about it. so extra congrats to both of you.

congrates for the great achievement guys, really happy for u all. u gave me a lot of hope
can u guys give me ur advice about my application, i am plannig to apply for next match, want to know what is missing from my application.
91/91/ next june 2008/2005 graduate.
what about medical school cred, does it count
and for those who matched in preliminary, do u plan to apply for cat in general surgery next year or u are planning to go for urology, neurosurg or plastic. also I hear that prelim is a very competitve one as many AMG apply for it. so do u have any special advice to give if someone wants to apply for it.

antiabuse,

yours scores are good and you are a fresh graduate too. try to finish cs and if possible step 3 very soon. with this creds you should try to get some us experience and us lors to help you match. i think if you can get both of these your application would be really very good. moreover spending time in us set up will help you know people as well teach the tricks of the trade. all the best and keep posted.

csverysoon ,whus up,congratulation for the match,you deserve it man,i really need your opnion,iam just thinking how you guys managed your financial issues while you were doing USCE,i know it is personal just give general headlines because i canot work for free for that USCE as i need money to survive.

bidd,

managing finances is really a big headache man especially if you are independant. i tried to earn in my home country and pour it here. sometimes i used to feel very bad about it but if you match its no problem. the biggest problem is stay but as you are a green card i am sure you will have a place to stay. try to get usce around your own place. also try research or other work that will also pay you while you attain experince. i always felt you were a strong applicant so keep working, i am sure you will make it soon. gl.

thank you cs,your words were alwayes valuable and supportive,really appreciate it man.But you know the only payed job i got before was throught connections and it was like physician assistant and i was working while i took the usmle exams,it took me 5 months to prepare for cs after i did step 1,so i felt it is impossible to continiue like this because as u know it is hard to work and study at the same time,so after cs,i left my job and borrowed some money from freinds and also used some money that i saved from my previous job,after starting 2008 match,i used the LOR's from the physicians i worked with one LOR from my mentor surgoen back home,but they never worked and i got nothing.While i was waiting for the match and after i finished my exams,i worked in a job outside medical feilds to gain money for myself and family which iam still working in it,but now everything changed,i have to get USCE and get money at the same time,it is complictaed,there are some suggestions here and there from nice guys like you,but i have not decided about my next plans yet.Sorry for long post

hey guys..
i know you are all excited about this match..but could you please spare sometime and tell me if someone with my creds can get surg residency in 2009 match..
81/88/cs results yet to come/s3 in aug/2007 graduate/1year of research experience/1publication/no usce but ll do atleast 1month before sep1..

guys.. have a big heart to give me some tips too to improve my cv in order to get surg residency..