USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon (/showthread.php?tid=227701)

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-28-2008

Hi i'm just curious about where everyone else i met at interviews matched..unfortunately there r only so many email addresses i took down..anyone from the san antonio or UPenn(prelim) interviews on this board? this is annabelle btw, in the event tht we've met :-)

jean,

even i have not got my contract. waiting for it. hope there is enough time to process J1.

hi annabelle,

i matched at UPENN Prelim. what bout u? i got 3 emails from San Antonio also regarding there interest in me. i even had a chance of cat at san antonio as it sounded from director's email. but i took prematch at UPENN and so i deny it from san antonio. i didn't want to take J1 visa.

my email id is pranil_shah

bye

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-29-2008

Hi Annebelle,

Were u doing research at UNC, we met at san antonio with Shin from Japan...where did u match???

hi cs, dhoni, pranil

its good to see everyone matched.

now i guess it will become moe diffcult for us for those who matched prelim. till now even though we got iv for cat, they considered us for prelim.

now the iv we get will be real categoical. so number of iv will be real less.so it will be real tough.

hi loveguru, ya i was doing research at UNC...i remember shin, do u know where he matched? don't know your name though..ur post doesn't say it :-)

I also went to San Antonio for the surgery interview on 26th of November, 2007.

After finishing the interview, I went to the river walk in the downtown of San Antonio with a group of people including Shin Smile
I also remember that shin went to watch Whipple's operation on the next day of interview, but I did not go there.

I was wondering about shin, but I do not know where he matched.

cs,
i got the contract..hope u guys have got it too...next i am sending the relevant docs to the following address:
Under Secretary
International Cooperation Section
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Government of India
Nirman Bhavan, New Delhi 110 011, India
Tel: 011 91 11 2306 3068 / 2306 1945
Fax: 011 91 11 2306 1262

hi manisha123 and jean,

i went with shin to see the whipple's....shin matched to providence, mi, prelim...i have not see ur earlier posts where did u guys match??

panic,

the name of the person is on this thread and also the room number.