USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon (/showthread.php?tid=227701)

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-06-2008

anybody got your DS 2019?
anybody got J1 stamped?

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-06-2008

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................................................

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-07-2008

Hii csverysoon and all others..I am so happy to find out that most of us matched this year..am Im also glad that this thread is still alive. I havnt been able to keep track of anything thats been happening in the lives of this threads constant members. As for me, I matched in a prelim position at St Louis University, MO. Would be glad to know if everone would share with me where you guys matched..
Congrats to all those who matched this year..Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-07-2008

csverysoon I havnt received DS 2019 as yet but i got an email from ECFMG saying that my JI application is approved and i shall be receiving DS 2019 very soon. I wonder whats happening with others..

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-11-2008

hi all
thanks for all ur help..i got my j1 stamped..from chennai..it was a very smooth process..
ds 2019 shouldnt take more than 2 weeks to reach u. and appt in 2-3 days ..passport back in 2-3 days..45 minutes at the consulate.
can someone pls advice or provide link to books needed for 1st yr..i mean stuff i really need and so can buy in india..the big books?

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-27-2008

helloooooo everyone..how come this thread is so dead these days...what is everyone so busy with? there is stil a month before residency starts...
guys..is anyone visiting this thread these days...csverysoon...wru?

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-10-2008

hello all
can someone please tell me if they had to wait a full ten days after entering the united states to be able to apply for a social security number. I went to the local office the next day after i arrived and they could not accept my application as they said that the DHS needs to update my entry on the system.
can someone pls guide me on this process..isnthere a faster way or should we just wait??

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-10-2008

Hello CSVERYSOON
Are u still around..As you know..I did not have any positive outcome for march..so here we are again..How many of us matched really and did you match?

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-12-2008

Hi guys,
I am very glad to hear that majority of you eventually matched to good programs.
I am that tall guy from Kazakhstan (Alexey) and I met some of you during my interview process.
This year was very tough and I am sure it's going to become even worse next years.
I matched to categorical surgery in Easton Hospital, PA. Although I had a chance to get preliminary position in very famous university program, I decided to go for categorical in smaller community program. I still have doubts about whether it was a right choice. There is a russian saying which says "Small bird in your hands is better than a big bird in the sky".
I would be happy to stay in touch with you.
dr.markelov

99 - ArchivalUser - 06-30-2008

one of the best threads i want this thread to be alive for surgery aspirants,,, some people may come back, because they matched pgy1 prelim,,, so guys make sure to keep it alive,,,, I read through it,,, it is very informative,,,, and i want thank cs for his effort to make this happen,,,,