USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon (/showthread.php?tid=227701)

0 - ArchivalUser - 07-20-2008

I think he got prelim,,, sh/he should be back because he has to apply for this year again,,,I hope he give others valuable advice,,,

he is lovely person
am sure when he is free he shall
i had some intereactions with him earlier this year
a nice person over all

guys can you start new discussion for this yrs match session? (ii can do that too, but want seniors to proceed first)

This thread is quite old,though i agree lots of fellows have visited this thread. But fresh start with new details regading this yr will be more usefull.

need ur constant guideance and support,
gl

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-01-2008

Hey!
What happened to this thread? Though I was not a contributor to this thread, I was surely a frequent visitor.
quite a few of the contributors to this thread, I know, got into residencies: some into categorical while others, to preliminary.
Now, you have all spent a month in your residency. But I don't see any of you back in this thread. What's the matter?
Are you too busy with your residency? Or you are somewhat disillsioned with the final outcome?
Was it worth all the sweat, endless amount of time spent, the research that went into short listing the programs, the thrill of awiting your iv calls and in short, the process of going through the whole process?
And those of you, who are in preliminary surgery; How's life? Are you working your ass out to impress the bosses, so that your future is not put to jeopordy; You sure do not want to miss out on chances of being taken by the same program for a categorical spot next year. Or atleast, you should get decent LORs which would help you get into other programs next year?
Anyway, cheer up and all the best in your future endevors!!!

Does anyone have the IMG friendly list or surgery? i am in need for this. Also anyone recently macth surgery? what scores do they need ..i mean i know they need high high >95 for IMG's but what about IMG's with GC?

thanks everyone

if you have GC you need atleast 99/99/99
am just kidding....
keep this thread alive boys

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-02-2008

signing in...

i think goin thru this thread, u can easily make up a list of at least 20 IMG programs

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-27-2008

hi,
i am applying for both prelim and catrgorical surgery this year.
I have called many programs and they some have criteria like 3 years from graduation or 1 year USCE mandatory. Is this what they really follow or just the ideal candidate?

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-27-2008

pls post something regarding this yr surgery application.
Do anybody know about the program that donot want super high scores?

Any inputs from seniors..

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-30-2008

Hi everybody,

Its so nice to see and feel energy, vibe and enthusiasm. I was busy with residency ofcourse but also with settling down in the USA. Everything was/is new here for me. The next 3 months will probably be the busiest time of my residency, still I will try to chip in. Thank you on and all for all the support and good wishes. As ever, hope everybody has a happy match.

So when are you guys applying? Eary bird catches its prey..............