USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon (/showthread.php?tid=227701)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-14-2008

Dear godhelpus
what are your credentials - if you dont mind please

to others as well#
let us post our credentials always
it gives us a fair way of assessment of the oppurtunities coming to us

Dear eshwaraa
I have been in this thread since last year with CS and all the other guys. My credential is somewhere there. Anyway..Low 80'S with 2 attempts Graduated more than 10 years. USCE for 3 months up to now and still doing it. US LORs...Surgeon background back home for more than 10 years.....I am just giving a shot to GS we never know. I know a guy who matched last year a credential between 75 and 80 and old img in need of visa..Hope it helps you..

katzie19
Bronx Lebanon is categorial. I read it in another forum

eshwaraa
I do not see ur credential anywhere in our GS forum..

hey godhelpus

sorry about not putting my credentials first
mine are - 96/99/pass in CS
no step 3 yet
no US LORs
No USCEs
passed out 3 years back

9811734044 - ArchivalUser - 09-14-2008

hey all
my latest
REJ: from OHSU and Bronx lebabnon
IV: none
to right_doc and others!
right doc that is inded very impressive ......i know a UK clin exp beats everytng ecxept the USCE itself.....you have ten metric tonnes of expernce behind you.....MRCS and Pubs....all the best man! If a british pp is a waiting then of course you may not want the J1 thing but just be prepared that if you want an H1b it will be only be low key comm hospitlas in NYC or smwhere E coast /Tx (no more thsn 30 fit my profile as on MAR).....as of yet I have seen double and triple 99s with USCE and so called US lors doin second yr of prelims n havin nightmares everynight bout havinn to go home next year if nothing works be it a J1 or H1! So i have taken the offer so it is an off cycle posoition so it will not be accredited for one full year but just those 8- 9 months f USCE that is all....just that it might , I say might just as in winnin a llottery.........increase the chances of a categ next year , if dznt then there is alwez a second year prelim there if i keep them happy with my work and do not stick out like a sore thumb!
besides twenty months is a long time and something wil happen.........the risk is calcualted an d will always be there........nesy july suddenly seems soooooooo far away!!!
Right doc_ i am redy to spend ten years in trainig if that is what it takes, you wont disagree that it takes more than a homeresidency to make a surgeon and here the trainnig is far more structured, and actually 25-50- notches higher.....you look like a fighter and slogger yourself too..........stck to it........but wait fr the british pp ...............our prayers wil be answered .......Amen!!!!

i was rejected from Bronx lebabanon it is a shock dunno wat they want is it coz i do not have my step three, i was hoping for a call from there ...............this is a disappointment indeed...........if they dont call god knows who willl, if this is how things look like then i am glad i took up this off cycle PGY1 Prelim at MGH
I was relly hopin this brox leb thing, tobad i blew it , m nt sure how or why?

and ar eyou suposed to thak them or write to them aftre recieving a retion too or pretens like you never heard from them!

hey 9811

i read your post and had shivers through my spine. Honestly.

the reason being rejecting someone with credentials like yours - mmmm... it really scares me

again - about MGH - you got to feel good now - it looks like a better decision now

i had the advice from CS after I rejected the offer
CS is a senior guy and knows a lot abt these than any of us

i calculated the risks with the MGH well - all along in life i do push my decisions to the last moment - but never had to really repent - for me probably it wasnt the best
but for you - at your stage- it would add mor advantage than not

Dont worry abt the oregon - they dont take anyone who needs a visa i suppose

about training for many years - you are absoultely right - on a training post with a proper career progression - i can go on for many years - as many years as it takes
i worked as a consultatnt for 2 years and had my fun with it - all it takes for guys who want to be the top class surgeons are not their position in the society or jaguars or private jets - but its the will to be cutting edge surgeons - to be involved and married to surgery intimately
thats all

rejection from u of toledo.
pls add it to the list.

a day without rejection seems to be great day these days i suppose