USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon (/showthread.php?tid=227701)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-20-2007

hi csverysoon,

i guess, they will start sending the interviews in last wk october, first week november

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-21-2007

thanks lifesaver & csverysoon. scores-99(248),96(230),85(208)&CS pass(all finished by July`07).graduated in 97(yes,that is the problem). Done observership in a USA university hospital for 6weeks & got a good LOR from there.also have done MS,MRCS and has 4 years UK experience.I have quite a few posters and some research experience and a couple of publications.

I applied to all programmes by 20th sep(most of them in 1st week of Sep).

I guess nothing extraordinary, but can`t stop wondering what the hell is wrong with my application? may be coz i`m 34.

grr

bidd, anothergoljanfan, grr
the fear is mutual. everybody is hoping that one of these weeks will provide some breakthrough. as you have pointed out its difficult to match with 2 interview but most IMGs applying to surgery are either in this situation or worse.

guys believe me all we can say now is so far so good. i am sure everybody will accept with me that things could have been a lot worse especially when you read so many stories iin this forum and otherwise. i have always believed that if He has brought you to it then for sure He will take you through it too. all we need to do is be patient and faith till the last moment. just like a t20 game. hopefully we all get our free hits soon enough.

is it true - its easy to get into surgery preiliminary.
i am applying for anesthesia recidency which needs a preliminary / transitional year. as medicine is always a rat race i was thinking to apply for surgery preliminary. i know many will be thinking like me . but is it a good idea to do so.
thank you all

may20 and all,

please tell us. how easy is it to get in prelim. all the iv i got did not tell me whether for cat or prelim. how do we know. i did not felt good asking them, cos they would think i have no interest if it was for prelim. and 1st impression is last impression. so i did not ask them.

now regarding prelim, should we tell them i am also interested in doing prelim at your institute?

do they give prematch for prelims. cos i heard you never get prematch for cat?

lets hope this week its our week.

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-22-2007

Good morining everybody,

again the waiting starts and hope today is our day.

Good morining everybody,

again the waiting starts and hope today is our day.

rejection brooklyn hospital

well nothing is happening guys ...my emial box is dead ....no activity at all....

m2