USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon (/showthread.php?tid=227701)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-02-2007

congratulations randy,would u mind anser me,did u get preliminary or catogorical position,and one another q,what if they would ask me about doing clinical or acadmic medicine ,i personally think in clincal,how should i reason it?thx in advance and GL

guys here i was in very diferent boat than u all. I am an old grad (jsut as an reminder0. did two fellowships plus one year of research here but wanted to be board certified. So i guess most of u guys are very young and en energetic. The paradox is that in th e last three years I have helped my PD in fellowship to select candidates for fellowships. But little did i relaise that i would have such atough time. Since september 1st i have hardly been off kentuckys best. so u can imagine. now i am going back to square one, but i hope i can make to cardiothoracic fellowship some tim e(if i survive).

telegue and bidd i am sorry i forgot u guys too. I got categorical, actually they offered me preliminary but then i told no, its better for me to bid for a categorical. then afte 1 hour or so they came up with another phione call call for categorical. the program is not too good, but i dont need an excellent program man. i jsut need a certification.. i dont understand ure second part of the question. maybe i am really drunk, but will try reading it again in a couple of minutes.

hey buddy there was no choice for me, i only applied for surgery. i dont know what is this clinical medicne??? u could tell me more

do u mean Intenal medicne??

when is the diwali back home>>?? CSVERYSOON COULD U ANSWER THIS PLEASE

ok randy,one of the intervew qestions is about if the applicant would like to do an academic work like teaching,publications or to do practice clincally on patients like traditional work?

ok thx man,sorry to bother you,have fun

okay bidd. I had a different perspective right from the start. My training was in clincial surgery, reaserach and innovative surgical techniques. I have 40 pubmed publications as first author. actually i was an associate professor in nepal 5 years back. So now u can put my complete profile together but if u ask me now commuinity hospitlas rejected me. it deopends on what u want. if u have a background of academic interest then u should say yes to a university with that question put to u. but if ure going to a community hiospital even if its university affiliate it has to be a clinical practise no research bul shit.

i got you randy,really appreciate,GL