USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Surgery thread - nothing official about it - csverysoon (/showthread.php?tid=227701)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-07-2007

medic, life saver how are you doing? been so long since we heard from you all?

hey guys wuts up here is my iv experience at marshfield clinic, WI

well the residents were really laid back and nice,

i had short iv's with like 5 different doctors, including PD, they asked general questins nothing hard, and they were very nice...i was the only IMG there...they were all american doctors, and i was suprised that they even wanted a small community hospital, oh yeah i forgot to metnion that this hospital has top notch technology in computers,filing, etc.... but anways marshfield is a nice small town, eva1 is friendly,

oh yeah the hospital was loaded with patients, partically the whole town of marshfield and surrounding towns/cities are getting thier healthcare from this hospital/clnic

the pay is good and also insurance,
I HAD THE BEST SUIT ON Wink LOL, i beat all the applicants that day

i just got a thrid iv from Seton Hall University School of Graduate Medical Education, does any1 know anything about this program? csverysoon, do u have any input about this program?

oh seton hall from trenton, NJ

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-08-2007

bidd
nice to hear that your interview went on well. seriously got no idea about seton hall. i didnt apply there as they sponsor no vis. so i didnt strive to know more about them. when is your interview? anyhow all the best.

hey bidd can just mention those general questions you were asked for the benefit of the thread users please?

hi guys. hope we have get some interviews today.

bidd, congs on your 3rd IV!

ok here are some i remember

where do u see yourself ten years from now

if you wre not matched here, what quality do u have that we wont get, he said it in a better phrase, but this is the best i can do

what did you apply to this program, something like that

he also asked how long have been speaking english for, i think i have a heavy accent, anyways

since i have expreince in trauma surgery and that community hosptal has loads and loads of truam surgery done, they kep on telling me that i was highly competitive cause i have alot of experience from the war and doing trama surgery on many patients

oh yeah, since i worked in the US in a private clinic, but it was like a famous practice, one of the physicans interviewing me asked how did i even get into such a famous and good practice like that

i remember the PD saying alot of things about the ranking thing, but i didnt understand one thing he said

thanks guys....lancet2008

sure you would have did well man. anything about prematch they sounded?