USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Failed step 2 - rsab - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 2 CK (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Failed step 2 - rsab (/showthread.php?tid=254396)

Pages: 1 2 3

Failed step 2 - rsab - ArchivalUser - 12-23-2007

I failed ck by 10 points. I only have month and half to study till I take it again. Was thinking of doing the Pass Program in Illinois. Anyone heard anything about program or have any advice?

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-23-2007

I am sorry fot that,How was your preparation.

I have not gone thru it myself. However, I know several people who have done the pass program and THEN done kaplan program. People have said there is no comparison. Its a different approach which you may or may not cling on to. Kaplan by far exceeds the Pass Program. Although there is variability from student to student, word on the street is that it may or may not help. I would gather more information......good luck...

rsab I think that a couple of people in the forum might be able to help you...Noora (sorry if it's not you Noora) I think failed his/hers and re-took it got a great score the second time around. We can't emphasize enough that you MUST know what you are being asked. Best next management is not the same as next step...we get "trapped" by those minor things, it's not that you don't know it's just that you need to learn what is being asked. How about your performance sheet? It'll be easier for us to guide you if you share honestly your preparation as Yousef mentioned. Let us know how did you prepare and we can help a bit on your "second time around". Think that 10 points is not that far away from passing (btw, 10 points on the three or two scale ? that is important), a high percentage of IMGs within 10 points from the three scale pass the second time with a good score. So if you focus on your weaknesses and strengthen even more the areas that you are strong on you will pass with a good score
Chin up, cheer up and start today!
BDJ

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-09-2008

Old Grad's ('91) Experience (92, 97, 98)
! I got great help via
an easy set of notes.

Also pulled interviews through externships. I have a lot of
helpful info: rmail me directly at shivjeet_kapoor

failure is steppin stone to Sucess---so pull urself together and get back in the momentum----dont slack off now---ur too close ------

failure is the pillar of success.

advance congratsssss for next time. i know u will do it next time. now keep smiling...........

Failure should make You even more determined to get a high score!-Go For It! This time You can do it!
GoodLuck!

rasab ..I feel for u friend..
pass program has a good reputation for step 1 but have no idea about step 2..it is here in champaign

i failed step 2 by 6 points
doing it again , plz give me also some help