USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
How many questions do you think you got wrong? - anita_1 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: How many questions do you think you got wrong? - anita_1 (/showthread.php?tid=255534)

Pages: 1 2 3

How many questions do you think you got wrong? - anita_1 - ArchivalUser - 12-27-2007

Hi guys,
I took my exam two weeks ago. So far I could think of around 25 questions I was struggling with. Out of them 7 were correct, 9 wrong for sure, and I'm not sure about the other 8-9.
Have you heard of any correlation between remembered incorrect answers and score? how many questions do you think you got wrong? God, this waiting is killing me..
Good luck!

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-27-2007

help us by posting those Q's with which u r struggling.we will help u by predicting your score.give and take policy.good luck.

You would make a good dealer kph :o)
Of course I will share my exam experience with you guys..no need to manhandle!!!

- history of 4cm breast mass..lumpectomy.. gross picture shown..what is the most important prognostic factor? no metastasis in answers. I wasn™t sure if I should assume it is adenocarcinoma because of gross appearance and go with œlymph node involvement or choose œhistological appearance because no firm diagnosis was mentioned in the root.

- knee injury..described physical examsanterior and posterior drawer signs intact, lateral collateral intact, medial collateral screwed! Which one is damaged? There was no medial collateral or medial meniscus in choices. Only ACL and the rest were nonsense. Could ACL be damaged while anterior drawer is intact?

- which one is more likely in trisomy 13Holoprosencephaly
- case of B12 deficiency.. co-deficiency of what other vitamin would decrease sensitivity of urine methylmalonyl coa testbiotin

-history of legionnaireis worried about transmitting the disease to his family..reassure, only through water sources

I don™t have the rest of them with me now..will post later
Cheers

thanks.u r going to get 99.i'll discuss Q's after 4hrs.

relax anita you will be ok..we usually recall the most difficult questions

thanks guys I hope you're right. You know, when you think you got 15 questions wrong, you probably end up with at least 30-40. Now if someone had 30 mistakes for sure and still got a 99, that would be a relief.
I know they remove 50 questions and that ruins my theory but still better than nothing!

do you know how many stupid mistakes you've made in the exam . . . meaning the questions that you should have gotten but for the time constraint

Blocks 4 and 5 were bumpy in my exam and I had to rush through 2-3 questions in each because of time constraint. I have no idea if I missed them or not but definitely couldn't spend the time I wanted.
Overall, I recall two STUPID mistakes, around 7 fair mistakes, and 7-8 unsure. How about you?

same range

To Anita,

Could you explain to me what you mean by 'they remove 50 questions'?