USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
to kob and some other caring souls - elbamaritza - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: to kob and some other caring souls - elbamaritza (/showthread.php?tid=259965)

Pages: 1 2 3

to kob and some other caring souls - elbamaritza - ArchivalUser - 01-11-2008

Hi there....
i am listening golgjan audios but i have this questions
1. The goljan audios are downloaded by days....how the people know wich subject is in each day....i mean people are talking about subjectwise audios organization....

2. I read somewhere that the goljan audios can be heard having a book to match what he is saying....wich book is that? Is a book that has the same material that his audios?

3. I saw posting regarding a 30 pages what is that?

4. i saw posting regarding a generl path or system path?

Any light in this?

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-11-2008

hi elba,

the actual book is the best, especially the 2nd edition.

the audio is only good if you have lots of time to spare . . . otherwise the book is the better way.

then if you have lots of time on your hands then doing both would be optimal.

don't waste your time with the .pdf's . . . that's my suggestion.

elba, i hv the 100 high yield goljan pages if u need them.. plus all the nbme forms, kaplan simulated, very valuable exam experiences, goljan slides, goljan patho exams.. i know u are a very helping person and i just want to help u with something i was good at.. i managed a 99/251 during my pregnancy and would love to help u with step1 if u need any help

wow. drtwix you have a lot of info...

im on my last weeks of study... (im a female also..)

would love to get in touch to hear from your experience... Great score!!

joannitam

thanks drtwix...appreciatte that...my email is my same log in name for the forum at yahoo.com, and i really need help because i am going to slow in this.
Thanks for be so nice drtwix

What is the 100 PAGES...IS that the one that goes with the audios....?

so what is the book called Kob...?

what i can do is upload the material and post the link here.. u would be surprised to know that i did not do goljan.. i did BRS for patho.. but i hv to say i was very thorough with the rest of the kaplan books..
100 pages is the more high yield stuff from the 500 page book..
joannitam, if u hv any specific questions, ill be happy to answer.. u can search my posts in step1 by searching my name on the left

rapid review pathology. go with the new stuff since the .pdf forms are ancient . . . my advice is to get the book.

you are only giving yourself a disservice if you download the .pdf and have to print all that crap out. as to those downloaded slides-don't waste your time on those since the book has the same pictures but in better quality.

btw BRS path sucks. thank god i did one week cursory persusal of these books at the local medical bookstore before I dropped my dollars for goljan.

well let me know what u guys need so i only upload that stuff.. studying for CK, dont hv much time myself with a baby to take care of.. good luck

im sure goljan is better and i wud hv done that if i knew about it eariler.. but i had done brs for review in my med skool so i just found that easier