USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 (/showthread.php?tid=292962)

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-05-2009

thanks pcp,
hw av u been, i hope it is going on well for u

whats your yahoo id or google talk id usmle9989?

pcp

it is usmle9989

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-06-2009

MAYO CLINIC..anyone had any feedback

Dr nutcracker did you have any feedback ??

I guess those who have interviewed at Mayo have received feedback from them on how they are going to rank the candidate (the program and candidates can volunteer such information, but cannot ask for it). I have been ranked in 40s in their rank list of about 75. It would be interesting to see if any of IMGs are in tens or twenties! That program has taken IMGs in past and I guess they wont be ranking on the basis of IMG/ AMG/ IMG+Ukexperience etc. They had conducted 75 interviews last year, and this year their rank list is upto 75! of the total about 100 interviewed.

Hey, Paji,

I did receive an e-mail from Mayo this wednesday. I was ranked in the middle of the middle tier. But I have no idea about the exact position of mine. Since you mentioned that they totally ranked 75, then I guess I am in the similar position as yours. Is there any hope to get in at this position?

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-07-2009

frasizer you have a good chance man...good luck..m in the lowest tier

Hey Frasizer,

Great Buddy, You are in a better position than me. Are you having UK experience/home country experience? If they see you in the middle of the middle tier, you should be around 35.

As far as getting the position is concerned. Both of us know that it all depends on how the match goes with their top tier. I wont be surprized if you get matched there. Those who are in their top tier, if they are from US/ someone without visa issue, they would have got calls from all dream places and if they are clinically oriented they would certainly go to those places rather than the name of Mayo. (You dont expect psychiatry patients across the world/country to fly to Mayo in the cold of Rochester!). At the same time if you are from Mayo, its assumed that you are well trained and certainly the name is going to help you for academic position, for National interest waiver (Green card processing), respect and satisfaction in your home country as well as your family member. If you want to be there, dont rank it low, just because they have ranked you around 35. You get good Neurology exposure at the program also.

Thank you. Nutcracker78 and Paji. Yes, I have home-country experience in Psychiatry. Fortunately for me, i am quite interested in C/L-psychiatry, and I think Mayo is very strong in that sense.
I wish you two good luck in your match. If you like Mayo, I hope you have a chance, too. There must be a reason that they ranked so many applicants this year.