USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 (/showthread.php?tid=292962)

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-24-2008

Are interview calls possible when one is still waiting for ck results?

with God, all things r possible

Is it true can psych personal statements can be a little longer than the ones for IM,FM etc? The one I drafted is 2 pages...any views on this?

resilentdoc

most programs wants jst apage of PS, but if ur PS is well detailed and it's two pages, it might not be a problem, like i said, it depends on the programs u r applying to

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-25-2008

I WILL appply psych nxt yr. need lotta motivation. if im not asking for too much, can PCP,usmle9989 ,Xthine , please send me an email at
neverstop4life(@)gmail.com

thx

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-25-2008

Ppssttt...try to either work or volunteer in psych clinical research (ones sponsored by the pharma companies). It's great experience to learn the assessments and it give you a LOR in the end Smile Check the university hospitals, etc. in your respective areas.

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-26-2008

docfinish2008

how are u doing, am glad to kn u re interested in psyc too,wt kind of motivation do u need, 1st step is for u to kn wt u want to be,i.e a psychiatrist,then u follow ur mind, and move to make sure u improve ur credentials, pass ur exams, get USA clinical experience, work on ur personal statement and all, really, all of us here need one kind of motivation or the other,since we are also jst in the process of applying, probably after matching, we will av the strength to give all d motivation dt is needed, all the best to u.

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-27-2008

can any one tell me abt illinois state 4 week psy internship requirement..I did 2 weeks in my med school..can I apply?I know there was a link in that forum..plz help..

with one week to go,i have only been able to select 30 programs that actually fits my criteria fully.i do have Externship and Research exp with good LOr's but with all those restriction in criterias i m really finding it difficult to select programs.Since i m 2001 grad,should i go for prog with 5 yr grad requirement.Otherwise i dont have enough programs to apply.anyone plzz.

USMLE9989: Removed the 20 programs that I feel are way beyond my reach (based on the previous pool of IMG applicants for that particular program)..all University based.

Neonate: In my opinion 30 well-researched programs (meaning those that you meet the criteria) are better than 200 randomly applied to programs, you get what I mean? I'm in the same boat as you are, graduated back in 2002..last time I checked my list I had selected 50 programs (from an initial 76). If they say that they REQUIRE graduation within the last 5 years, that program is off my list (unless indicated that they will look at the overall application and take into consideration what has been done/accomplished since graduation from med school).

docfinish2008: Will send you an email.

Good luck everyone!! Down to the final days of editing PS, CAF/CV, programs list. Arrgh!