USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 (/showthread.php?tid=292962)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-25-2008

congrats guys

mr hope and hunk, can you share your credentials please.

The only thing that matters is SCORE. Rest is all bull shit. This is my conclusion. People who say that psychiatry prog look for experience and bla bla is the biggest lie. I have a lot(15 months externship in Canada and everyone knows that Canadian standard is as good as US) and good LORS from Canada BUT have a 79(2nd attempt) on step 2 and 93 on step 1. Guess what, I got no interview call and I know coz its my my step 2 score which SUCKS.

I am desperate and what I just said is the reality. Match is all about SCORE, SCORE n SCORE and I had this dreadful scare with my life on CK. I am ready to face anything now. Have no hope... and wud only check email once after 2 days coz I know what is waiting for me.

Please don't take it offensive but I just said what is the reality.

Wish u all the best.

nazia,,,, u may be wrong,,, i had a friend 84 on step 1,, 78 on step 2 with atempt ,,, 81 step 3,,,, had one year candada experiance,,, 3 months usce,,, one paper publishe got prematch in lousiana ,,,, in a good university program,,,,,,,,,,,
so u have to improve your cv have some usce,,, ofcourse u have canadian ,,, might be from asian guy,,,,,,,,,

Hey rd768876,

What are your cred for the IV at Mt. Sinai Elmhurst.

what is your grad yr ?
your scores ?
Need visa ?

Thanks.

nazia
do not lose hope, i know i might not be in a better shoes to encourage u, but i want u to kn score has a part but certainly not the only thing they consider, i fail my step 2CS on the 1st attempt,now am awaiting result for the 2nd one i did few months back,and i already got 2 interviews in psyc, till date i do not kn y i got those interviews, it was not my scores or anything, but it was God,trust in HIM and HE will hold u up and keep u strong.

usmle9989, u r the MAN. I like ur spirit. So besides the almighty, what else did u do?

r u guys really want to be a shrink someday? among all the medical professionals, shrinks have the highest suicidal rate. I wonder why?

hi everyone,
congrats to those who got ivs.......and those who are waiting pls don't loose hope....its still sep...main ivs come in oct.....
and just 'coz someone got iv early does'nt mean they'll match there...
got iv from mt. sinai elmhurst and harvard south shore.
thank you God.......Please bless us all....

congratulation and Gl for iv's...do u think they cans send invitations to docs whith no cs results??will take in nov...thanx in advance!