USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 (/showthread.php?tid=292962)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-26-2008

Thanks for ur replies. I am happy for those who got IV calls. Wish u all the best.

I know I am not gonna get any and there is no point having any false hope. All the money and efforts are drained. I am thinking of doing some ultrasound technician course or something like that so that I don't have to starve. Still in early phase of plan B but surely I have to do something else. I have realized this !

Anyways, for me its almost over. Match is a numbers game and I just simply don't have what programs look for. So I have to settle down. I wish good luck to all of you. I hope you all would match.

Regards.

Hey Nazia,i also know guys who have got into programmes with similar credentials...
Well in Psychiatry ,there are rules and they start with 'Never lose hope ' and they end with 'Never lose hope'..Good luc

hi,
yes hey do cnsider applications without cs result but only 50%of time...

hope8881 congrats, u've got it, all d best man.

To hope8881,
Have you scheduled your interview at harvard south shore?
Thanks

Psych programs have not even started looking at applications yet guys. Atleast the programs I have applied to. I am still hopeful. Wait another month. They send out interviews in November. It is too early to lose hope. Nazia I bet you will get interviews. If you are not getting rejections, that is a good sign. I have no interviews myself. They are screening applicants right now and basically it is who they want for sure and who they dont want at all. So Wayne state donot want me at all no matter what! The others might have put my application on hold. Nazia I would also consider finding some observership in USA. You can get a TN visa I guess being a canadian. It should be easier for you to come to USA and get a month of psych experience than the rest of the crowd. US experience is required to balance the scores, if they are not very good. Instead of wasting time, start calling programs which offer observerships. With your experience in psych, you should have no problem.Good luck.

guys..........congrats to all those who got the ivs and to all those without any, i'm with u in this wait for the MOST WANTED..........

Harvard South Shore interview for today. My 2nd iv. Thank you GOD. ALL THE PRAISE GOES TO YOU. Amen.

congratulationsSmile. Which state is this in?

hi,
My credentials are 80/75/cs(2nd attempt)/2004 graduate/4 mos externship in psych/2 mos externship in IM/3 US LORs/need visa....I have applied to 60 psych programs ...till date i got 2 rej....univ of colorado and univ of toledo.....i am so scared......what are my chances??

thanks