USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2009 Psych aspirant,pls let's gather here.Than - usmle9989 (/showthread.php?tid=292962)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-06-2008

I applied but no call. I guess they require scores 87 in both steps right ? Is it the correct criteria or I am mixing please anyone reply.

Ruby102.....no they dont have that criteria

1. What are the criteria for acceptance into St. Elizabeths Hospital Psychiatry Residency Training Program?
In order for a candidate to be accepted, they must meet the criteria "A" to "F" below:
A. Candidate must have at least one of the following credentials:
i. Graduate of medical schools in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)
ii. Graduate of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
iii. Graduate of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who have a currently valid ECFMG certificate prior to appointment
iv. Graduate of medical schools outside the United States who have completed Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
B. Candidate must have good communication skills in English.
C. Candidate must have broad interest in human culture and curiosity about psychological functioning
D. Candidate must present at least 3 letters of reference.
E. Candidate may not have any more than 1 failed grade in USMLE Combined history (Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS).
F. 2 failed grades will be accepted if Step 1 and Step 2 scores are both over 85.
G. If more than 5 years have elapsed since graduation from medical school, USMLE Step 3, (OR) a full medical license in a US jurisdiction is required.
The following criteria are highly desirable but are not required for acceptance:
A. Graduated from medical school in the past 5 years
B. If graduated from medical school more than 5 years ago, continuous clinical experience since graduation, preferably some in the US, and/or postgraduate training in psychiatry.
C. Passed USMLE Step 3
D. USMLE scores above 85.
E. Research experience/productivity.
F. Clinical experience in the field of psychiatry, and one letter of recommendation from a psychiatrist who has been clinical supervisor.
G. Creative interest in psychiatry, psychological mindedness, and integration of personal experience with the desire to become a psychiatrist.
H. Language skills in addition to English.

bronx-lebanon doesnt sponsor visa.i went there last week.had chance to meet program co-ordinator.she asked me if i have green card ..they consider someone with greencard and all steps(includ.step3 ) to be considered for interview..if no step3..they will put in 2nd list..that is what i was told on that day...

hey hopesalive....did u go for iv there?

I have to go there next week. hopesalive what did they ask you for IV? how is the program??? I heard they prematch all their spots is that right?

no..i applied there???but was told that they donot sponsor visa when i asked about it?

all the spots are thru prematch...its true...

Hi friends,
I just had my phone IV at Creedmoor Psychiatry.....Did any of you guys had phone IV there?

hey zamburr.....when is ur iv at Bronx leb ? what date??