USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-20-2009

Congrats, doc_harry18 and to all kababayans who matched!! You deserved it! Let's give thanks to the Lord endlesssly!!! For those who didn't match, don't lose hope. Keep moving and have faith to the all-merciful God Almighty!

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-20-2009

Thank you manjes507 I matched in NY Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-21-2009

I matched for Internal Med in NY! So happy!

berde - 03/20/09 13:48

i have a question for all who matched about getting the statement of need in DOH;
one of the requirement was to get the perfected contract from the Program and get it authenticated in the Embassy here in the US. My question is this; i am nearing my deadline to leave the US and i have not gotten my contract. Is it ok for me to go home and let the program send it to me to the Philippines? Will the DOH question me if i did not get it authenticated here in the US?
-----
Its okay to go home if you need to..just let the program send u the contract...tell them my stay in US is up already..or you can have relatives authenticate the contract in the nearest Phil embassy in US andsend it to you..

thanks for the advice agr.

Congrats to xthine, virtuosopianist and everyone else who were matched! Havent been active here this past week. Still shell-shocked I guess. I was not able to match despite my 8 IVs. Guess hindi talaga para sa akin yung OB. Tongue
I'm planning to give it one more try, pero this time sa IM/FM na lng. In the meantime, planning to find some USCEs.

Can you guys please post kung saan kayo nakapag observership before? I'd appreciate your recommendations. Thanks!

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-23-2009

hi everybody can anybody tell me if having applications/softwares for medical stuffs like ABG interpretation will be useful in residency?

Mga Docs, di pa nag-e-email or tumatawag yung PC sakin. Wait patiently ba or ok lang na magparamdam nako sa kanila? Baka kasi makulitan sakin pag nag-email ako at sabihin di ako makapaghintay. I'm planning my remaining months kasi. Please advice.

Berde,

Its okay even if you dont have the authenticated contract at any Philippine embassy in the US. you can do it even after you have go back to the US at the start of residency. You just have to give a copy of your contract to DOH and make a promissory note that you will send back the Authenticated contract once your in the US. Just mention that you dont have any families here and they are considerate naman. Thats what my girlfriend did last year. you just have honor yung promissory note kasi by 2nd year, baka you need to renew ur j1 and hndi ka na nila pagbibigyan kung di mo pinadala nung first time

Kamusta!!

Virtuoso: Yup I matched at my number 2 program. Buti nalang!! I would be worried if I ended up doon sa Philly program. *whew* Congrats sa Wheeling! Diba madaming Pinoy dun?

Darevee: Sorry to hear that. I can't believe it myself, it's great that you're still gonna try next year. If I could help out in anyway just throw me an email.

AGR: What PDA do you use? Palm OS? I guess 5MCC and Harrisons would be a must for FM or IM. Washington Manual apps too are nice..I have those on my PDA (Neuro and Psych).

Have_faith: Last Friday I received emails from the PD and PC. Have you tried sending a thank you email? I figure that's what I would do kung wala pang balita sa kanila by mid-week.

Doc_Harry18: *LOL* ako nanaman volunteer mo? Haha.

Seriously speaking, I'd be happy to help anyone sa mga susunod na match..especially those genuinely interested in Psychiatry. I know there's only a few of us who have passion for the field kaya natutuwa ako pag may nahahanap ako na katulad ko =) Malungkot nga during the interview trail kasi I did not get to meet a single fellow Pinoy na applicant. Meron Pinoy attending and fortunately dun ako na match Wink