USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-04-2009

dr_pinoy,

what questions were asked on you H1 interview at the US embassy? Did you ask the consul about entering early on your B1? Did the immigration officer let you in already on your H1 or B1 muna? What did you tell the officer? Thanks.

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-05-2009

jocapmd....sa embassy, tinanong lang kung ano work ko sa US....kung licensed ba ko sa pilipinas then he asked for my prc license, kung ano previous jobs ko...that's basically it...most of the time, he was just checking things in his computer...

no i didn't ask the consul about entering the US early using my B visa...

sa POE, pinapasok ako on my H1b visa...i was asked about my previous stays in the US, he also looked at my B visa...there was no mention of the 10 day rule...i don't know kung mabait lang yung immigration officer kasi i was traveling with my baby daughter who has a US passport.

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-06-2009

dr_pinoy

how early did you schedule your interview at the embassy? 2 months before? if you dont mind my asking, how long did your previous stays in the US go? If you have time, please email me at jocap99. Thanks.

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-08-2009

Thanks for the reply Dr_Pinoy and I'm glad everything went well.. =)

I have a question: Do minors who will be traveling alone on an H4 need to have a travel clearance? Do the consuls at the embassy routinely ask to see a minors DSWD clearance during the visa stamping interview?

According to the DSWD website "A minor traveling abroad whose parents are in the Foreign Service or living abroad or are immigrants, provided he/she is holding a valid pass such as a DEPENDENTS VISA/pass/identification card or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card which serves as proof that he/she is living with parents abroad and their travel does not constitute child trafficking."

Since the H4 is a dependents visa, I was wondering if I really need to get her a travel clearance especially for our interview at the embassy. I'm already in the process of getting one na kaso some required documents would take 2-4 weeks to process so I was wondering whether I should hold off scheduling an interview at the embassy just for the travel clearance (which could mean interviewing mid June).

My daughter and I will be appearing for our interview soon and I was planning on having her follow/travel to the US after a couple of months. Hope someone could shed some light.. salamat!!

Good luck next week Virtuoso and Doc_Harry =)

Hi xthine ! Anong state ka na match ?
God bless sa interview mo.

xthine...
i dont think u will be needing a dswd clearance for the visa stamping. sa case ko, birth certificate lang hiningi for my son.
but i think she will need a clearance when she travels to the US kung di ikaw ang kasabay nya.
YM kita later....

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-09-2009

Hi Praises!! Thank you...sa Alabama ako na match. =)

Thank you Dr_Pinoy for the reply. Just wanna make sure I have everything covered for the visa stamp interview. Yeah definitely I will have the DSWD clearance by the time she has to travel. Salamat ulit!!

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-10-2009

Hi guys. Went to the embassy today. Nakita ko si raymart, claudine, and maritoni fernandez. Haha. Anyway, mabait ang officer. about 2 minutes lang ang interview, walang documents na hiningi. Tinanong lang nya where I'll be going, what hospital, what specialty, and kung nakapunta na daw ba ako, plus kung may asawa, anak, o girlfriend ako dito. Tapos type-type, tapos approved. Good luck sa lahat!

virtuoso

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-11-2009

Virtuoso, H1b din ba sila claudine or J1? Hahahaha. Congrats ulit!

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-11-2009

Nice one doc_harry18 ! Hahaha !
Saan ka na match doc_harry?