USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-01-2009

Is there anyone who matched in the Baltimore, Maryland area?

I am planning to join 2010 matching.

rtzmd: hi. still remember me? we both got the same score in step 2 CK. are you done w/ all the steps? i plan to join match 2010 too but my step 1 is in July.

rn2md: I do remember you. Step 1 is in July too, but I do not feel confident yet. I am planning to apply to residencies around Houston, TX or Baltimore, MD.

@babes81: I've got H1B, but I wasn't asked to get that affidavit. I got my US visa in Auckland, but I'll be going to the states via Manila. Will that be a problem to me? Will they be looking for that affidavit at the airport?

@ xthine: At last you're done!!! Ready to fly, he-he-he. I arrived in CA last week but I'll fly to NY tomorrow to prepare for my residency there.
@ bludragon: I'm not sure of your situation 'coz you got your visa in Auckland and not in Manila. What the immigration officials at the NAIA look for before OFW's/Direct Hirees can exit is your travel documents which include the Overseas Employment Clearance (OEC) issued by the POEA. In Manila, you cannot be issued with this OEC by POEA if you haven't undergone all their requisites including that affidavit in lieu of compliance sheet form to be signed by your program PD or a surety bond from EASCO guaranteeing the repatriation stuff. Better contact POEA to be safe. I'm just wondering how did you get your H1 visa in Auckland. Are you a NZ citizen or a permanent resident of NZ?

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-02-2009

I'm a permanent resident of NZ but I still have Philippine passport.

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-02-2009

@bludragon: I think you'll be fine at the NAIA. POEA-issued OEC (inclusive of the affidavit stuff) is only required for OFW/Direct Hired Pinoys (including US-bound physicians) exiting RP. Enjoy your trip!!!
Btw, i've got a brother-engineer and his family who are also permanent residents of NZ. Pinoy community in NZ (AKLnzPinoys) is closely knit and very active. I've visited NZ 2 years ago.

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-03-2009

I have a question to anybody who applied for California Letter before.

Did you have any difficulty obtaining this letter? how long did it take? which forms do i need for them to fill out? I took my clerkship and intership at UST but some of the rotations had to be done outside like OB/GYN, i went to Fabella and Tondo Gen Hospital ( 2 weeks each, one for clerkship and the other for intership). Do i need to fill out L6 for this? I am so lost w/ this PTAL. i am in the US so my brother will handle this back home. Thanks for the help!

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-03-2009

I have a question to anybody who applied for California Letter before.

Did you have any difficulty obtaining this letter? how long did it take? which forms do i need for the medical school to fill out? I took my clerkship and intership at UST but some of the rotations had to be done outside like OB/GYN, i went to Fabella and Tondo Gen Hospital ( 2 weeks each, one for clerkship and the other for intership). Do i need to fill out L6 for this? I am so lost w/ this PTAL. i am in the US so my brother will handle this back home. Thanks for the help!

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-04-2009

HI Everybody. Need help regarding sa matching. Pwede ba makakuha ng H1b visa even if u havent taken step 3 exam? must take step 3 in order to get an H1b visa? And is there a chance to get an interview if u failed CS once. My step 1 score is 87, step 2 score is 80 both one attempted. Thanks