USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-16-2009

Hello Darevee! Yup it was very reassuring. We don't have rotations at UAB, we have Neuro OP here at Gulf Breeze FL. Kamusta Psych invites?

Im pinoy too ! I will be attending the live lectures ( 7 weeks) in pasadena . Hope to see you there .

hi docgel! are you referring to Step 1 live lectures? this thread is for residency. anyways, good luck to you!

yes i am a practicing nephrologist in davao city, applied for internal med to 59 hospitals, 1 rejection, 3 confirmation and NO IV so far. 1998 grad, practicing nephrologist, 88/97/cs pass/93 for step 3, all on first attempts. no US experience, desires H1 visa. my mail box is silent for any IV........

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-17-2009

xthine:
so far so good. have 2 psychia IVs and some IM IVs. Well, at least I think I have 2 for pschia hehehe. Nakakalito yung sa Texas eh. They sent me a letter with subject heading "INTERVIEW REQUEST - DOCUMENTS NEEDED" and nakalagay at the bottom of a looooong list of requirements..."Please remember, if you have all the following documents in hand and can bring
the original of each, we will be able to extend an interview to you"
So sinulatan ko yung PC to say I have all the documents. Got a reply saying that the PD now knows about it and is reviewing my application. hmnnnnn....mukhang IV or hindi IV? hahaha. Bahala na. Will just wait and see what happens next. Smile
Going to UAB Montgomery though for Jan (sigurado na ito unlike sa Texas lol). Pero parang malayo sa Mobile....hope hindi siya tulad sa Cullman kaliit hehe.

lmseth
still too early for a lot of programs to give IVs...majority of IVs came out in October before so konting tiis na lng! Smile If I may advise, better try for J1 programs din...the competition for H1b is just too high compared to J1 and easier to get a fellowship on J1 daw if that is what you want after your residency.
Asa ka sa Davao? havent been there in years! Miss ko na yung Durian hehehe.

Hi agr,
thanks sa support mo sa mga kababayan natin.
ask ko lang kung may possibility ba ako sa program nyo dyan. Im GC holder pero 1998 grad but finished FM in phil. My step 1 is 90/ cs passed/ CK sa october pa result. pwede na kaya akong mag apply ? or wait ko pa ang CK ko? ty

Hi Johi Apply ka din magandang program&IMG friendly....i will be the 5th filipino IM resident na alam kng nakapasok d2 from 1070s..in mid 2005 up to now 3rd Filipino na nkapasok..anyways this program wants to hve a very diverse group of residentsWinkok

That's great to know, agr. Smile I applied na po sa inyo eh. Sana mapansin ang application ko. hehe I read at another thread na your program started to give out IVs na eh. So far, no word from Johns Hopkins/Sinai parin. Will patiently wait na lang muna. Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-18-2009

hi agr: sayang di ako maka-apply sa program mo! i decided to just concentrate on the west coast. hirap kasi ng malayo sa pamilya eh!anyways, so far silent pa din ang programs dito. i am still waiting for LORs pa din to be scanned by ECFMG.