USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-26-2010

For those who got an H1B visa last year, how long did it take you guys to process the visa (regular processing)? Is there a long processing time between the interview at the US embassy in Manila and actually getting the visa in your hands? The lawyer said it would take 60-90 days from the day he filed it, but considering how slow everything is in the Phils I wanted to know if it was nearer to 60 or nearer to 90 days?

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-27-2010

Hello pinoy docs,

First of all, I wish all of my fellow pinoys for a successful match!-Hang in there! I have a question regarding J1 processing. One of which is the Authentication of contracts for use in the Phils. I learned that the Phil. consul in NYC does it. You just have to be there and it will be processed. I called the people there and told me its only a notarization but not Authentication. She said its been done before and its accepted in the Phils for NTC application. What are your thoughts about this? Kailangan ba nila ng original contract? What I have here is a contract in pdf version with the digital signature of the PD?

Hope to hear you thoughts about this.

Godbless sa ating lahat.

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-27-2010

Hi darevee. The i797 waiting time has nothing to do with how long you'll have to wait for the visa in manila. Kung mag file ka ng premium processing, 15 days yata. That's with the USCIS. They will issue your i797 that says ok ka magwork dito. Then you will take that paper to the embassy in manila, and after your interview there, you'll get the passport with the visa after a few days, just like when you applied for the tourist visa. If you didn't use the premium processing, around 2 months maximum yata before your lawyer gets a response from USCIS. Anyway, schedule your embassy appearance only when you have the i797 in your hands, para sure. Congrats!!!

virtuoso

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-28-2010

helloWink

Thanks! 2 months max sounds good. Problema kasi if it takes 3 months since I will be going out of the country in May so was afraid I might not have enough time.

Hi Darevee! how are you? if kasama sa requirements for your h1b visa processing yung limited educational medical license sa state kung san ka magreresidency, that takes a while to be processed also. mga 6-8mos for your license to be approved. kasi i think the lawyer needs that license for him to file your h1b visa sa uscis. once the visa has been filed, 2-3mos ang visa approval then, paschedule na ng interview sa embassy sa manila. atleast, that's how i understood my lawyer's explanation. any thoughts on this virtuoso, xtine, psalm?

mga kababayan, i have a question din sana. Does anyone here know kung pano yung processing ng visa for a dependent? yung H4? kailangan pa din ba ng lawyer for that or pwede ako nalang mismo mag file nun? how much would it cost kaya? thanks mga kababayan! mejo confusing kasi yung visa laws ng US e. hehehehe!

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-29-2010

Hi Smile I have a questions din sana. Meron ba sa inyo nagayos ng H1B while andito sa US? Hindi naman required na sa Pinas ayusin yan right?

Thanks in advance sa magrereply. Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-29-2010

RE: Authentication of Notarized Contract by Philppine Consulate New York.

Here are the steps. Hassle talaga, but there is no way around this.

1. You should have an actual signed contract from Hospital/training Program. Usually, the program would make you sign 2-3 copies of the contract and one is left with you. If there is only one copy of the contract, have it photocopied.

2. Bring the original contract or original contract + photocopy to your nearest notary public (US).

3. Have the original contract or the photocopy (authentic copy) notarized.

4. Bring the notarized contract to the secretary of state (you can call your state's secretary of state or look online where their office is located). You need to have them authenticate that the notary public is authentic. pay 5-10$

(You'll probably notice there is a lot of authentication just to have things done in the Phils. It's either our government is not trusting or gusto lang talaga pahirapan applicants...hehe)

5. Now the authenticated/notarized contract would need to be sent to Phil Consulate general NY. Hand delivery is best.. you get it same day hopefully... By mail, it may take weeks, possibly lost pa. I had an experience with them that they had it for 1 month and a lot of calling back and forth.apparently, they forgot to do it...

6. Now when you have the final contract that has been notarized, authenticated by sec of state and authenticated by phil consulate NY, now you can use this for the Philippines to obtain a Need for Training Certificate ( There's a lot of things to do to get that as well (PRC clearance..etc..) ...you can just search for it at the DOH website)

useful to look at philippine consulate general ny website re: authentication of documents as well as the DOH website for Need for taining certificate.

This is only for J1 applicants

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-31-2010

wobertow:
Think it would be better if you file through your lawyer. Usually sinabay na yan sa H1 filing mo from what I understood. Best to ask Xthine though. Smile