USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-24-2008

Congrats darevee! Anyway, just sent the stuff. xthine swears by 123. I didnt get to read it anymore, ran out of time. Hehe. (Sorry xthine!)

virtuoso

@Virtuoso_pianist
Thanks so much!
When did you take your step 3 and what reviewers did you use?
I've gone through Crush, First Aid, USMLEWorld MCQ, and Kaplan old vids (Dr Fischer's lectures only).
Still have to study CCS. 123 looks good, will try to finish it. (Thank you too Xthine!)
Exam on Oct 22, hope I have enough time hehe.

@Xthine
Can you please share your experience re visa extension? How long did it take you to process and what reason did you put in for the request? Any idea if its hard to get approval or not? Thanks!

vituoso
Ok namn step 3, nakakapagod lang, kasi ang haba nung ibang questions. Pero, God is good...hintay na lang tayo. In the mean time...observe muna ko Smile

Doc harry
Wow, congrats, dami mo ng interviews ah. Smile

Guys kaya ba mag-aral for step 3 ng 5 weeks? I'm taking it on Nov 5 and 6 sa LA, and mag-uumpisa pa lang ako mag-study. Will stick to FA and UW. Feasible ba? thanks!

Minnie
Better get Crush too. Its highly recommended in the forums...
Not so sure about 5 weeks. Guess depende yan on how recent your step 2 CK was.
Good luck!

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-25-2008

hi! Another Christine here. I still am finalizing my list for my residency application. Waiting for my CS results pa early Oct. Wanna make sure I pass before I pay for the program applications. Does anyone know any IMG friendly peds or FM programs? Would really appreciate it! Thanks! Thanks!

Hi! I am also applying for 2009. I have received an invitation to interview from UC Davis and instructed me to select my preference dates since September 18th but have not received a confirmation on the date. How long do they usually tell you the date for the interview? I am not sure if I should call them and ask them for the specific date. First, I couldn't believe they picked me because my scores weren't that great---85/78/pass all 1st attempts...Now, I am kinda worried if they picked me in the first place since I haven't received the formal invitation...Haaaaayyyyy!!!! Thanks! Good luck to all of us...

geegrayz is that for IM?

to geegrayz:
I think you should wait at least 2 -3 days for the confirmation of the Interview.